Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Nice, JO. I like how the ribbon, even though thin, still has that Art Fawcett look to it. The color is gorgeous.

Jauntyone

Practically Family
BobC said:
Nice, JO. I like how the ribbon, even though thin, still has that Art Fawcett look to it. The color is gorgeous.

You're right; Art puts a bit of his own personality in all of his hats. Whatever the style, thin ribbon, stingy brim, etc., they all have a definite 1930's look to them, at least to my eye. Truely beautiful hats!

HungaryTom

One Too Many
VS Camel colored hat

VSArtFawcettCamel03.jpg

VSArtFawcettCamel01.jpg

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
Jauntyone said:
You're right; Art puts a bit of his own personality in all of his hats.

That's why they are so addictive. There is nothing "stock" about a VS! Every time I put one on, I want to buy another one. :eusa_doh: I guess not being rich has it's up side; Art gets to sleep from time to time. lol

Alucard73

One of the Regulars
Very nice HT. Camel is a very nice color. Wish I had some suits that would go with it....wait I just came up with an excuse to buy more suits...to match the hat...then I would have to get the hat. ;)

HungaryTom

One Too Many
Alucard73 said:
Very nice HT. Camel is a very nice color. Wish I had some suits that would go with it....wait I just came up with an excuse to buy more suits...to match the hat...then I would have to get the hat. ;)

Alucard,

1.Thank you for the kind words.
2. I have black, navy, grey and cream colored suits - no camel colored one.
When I purchased this Camel colored hat I was focussing rather on the color harmony with my overcoat.
I think this is the most important since both hat and coat are removed indoors. Prohibition era photos -my fav. style guide- show many gents wearing light colored hats with dark suits.
On the other hand I also wear sports jackets, chinos, tan shoes with my with camel coat which give also great harmonies.
This way you can get the hat earlier. ;)

Tom

HungaryTom

One Too Many
kaosharper1 said:
Great design Tom. Was it a request or did Art develop it for you?

Kaosharper,

Thanks. I named the hat of Boxerken, and the colors from daizawaguy. Basically I was not giving many details in order to leave the creative freedom for Art. In return I was rewarded with a custom hat having subtle differences in colors and blocking and not a clone. And as usual I am totally satisfied with the result.

Jabos

A-List Customer
Here is my new hat, a clone of my great grandfather's hat mentioned earlier in this thread. I love it, but what is not to love about an Art hat?
027-1.jpg

029.jpg

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Those are both beauties, HT and Jabos.

Jabos, that one has a definite Stratoliner look to it. What are the dimensions?

Jabos

A-List Customer
Thanks. It is a 5 1/2 inch crown, and a 2 5/8th inch brim in silver belly. On another post many nice folks tried to identify the original hat and the consensus was it was a stratoliner clone of some variety but who knows what. The original is, unfortunately, lone gone. I am most impressed with how sturdy this hat is. It is my first VS, but I can tell this hat will last a long long time.

HungaryTom

One Too Many
Jabos,

This is a wonderful hat. Like the camel silverbelly is a versatile color and Iam sure your hat will get a lot of use.

Boxerken, BobC thanks for the kind words.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24