Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

univibe88

One Too Many
I also feel a ribbon treatment is a bit dressier. However, because you already have a ribbon edge I say go for a welt just to have some variation.

seed

Familiar Face
Personally, I see a good welt such as Art's to be of supreme quality when it comes to the construction of the hat. It adds to the finish of the product in a functional as well as aesthetic manner...it's as good as it gets IMO.

I must confess however that I have never liked the look of the ribbon edges and never felt it added much in the way of logical functional improvement, unlike the welted edge which does it all...looks and added rigidity to the brim edge to counter distortion in shape. My next Art will definitely have the overwelt. It looks extremely impressive.

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
seed said:
It looks extremely impressive.

+1 :eusa_clap

November2009002-2.jpg

Sam Craig

One Too Many
Alternate reality!

What absolutely first-rate, classy hats!

This is like one of those alternate reality Sci-Fi stories, where America developed the way it should have and great, classy, artistic fedoras were the norm.

I have long wished I could walk into a hat department like I remember from the late 50s where you'd find beautifully made hats on display — not that even those could compare with what's been shown here.

What a treat to see them all!

seed

Familiar Face
daizawaguy said:
+1 :eusa_clap

It's funny how you and I have similar tastes in head-wear, with the exception that I like to snap my brims up. But the stingies and bashes you have shown are quite similar to what I like and wear...only you have way more than me and are bolder on the color schemes. And now I must have an overwelt from Art like yours. Damn you! ;)

Greyfox

One of the Regulars
Well I just got off the phone with Art and finalized my order. Since I am new to this I just gave Art the color I needed (steel) and some Very General thoughts on crown height and brim width. I am completely is his very competent hands. Can't wait to see the finished product!:cool2: What a delight he is to work with. I am really looking forward to meeting him in Monteagle.

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
Greyfox said:
Well I just got off the phone with Art and finalized my order. Since I am new to this I just gave Art the color I needed (steel) and some Very General thoughts on crown height and brim width. I am completely is his very competent hands. Can't wait to see the finished product!:cool2: What a delight he is to work with. I am really looking forward to meeting him in Monteagle.

I have a mental picture of us lined up like kids waiting for their turn to tell Santa what they want..............Line forms up behind me:D

Mickey D

One of the Regulars
Well, I too started my initial email correspondence with Art, sent my deposit and awaiting for the conformer to be sent. I'll then have the pleasure to speak with him about my wishes as well. I guess I now have my place in the line. :D

During my perusing of the forum, I read somewhere Art Fawcett had a shop in Rodeo, CA. My family is from Rodeo going back to my great grandfather when he migrated here from Portugal. Art informed me his current neighbor is from Rodeo also and most likely my cousin! Small world. :D

Scott Wood

Practically Family
race of the conformers

Mickey D said:
Well, I too started my initial email correspondence with Art, sent my deposit and awaiting for the conformer to be sent. I'll then have the pleasure to speak with him about my wishes as well. I guess I now have my place in the line. :D

During my perusing of the forum, I read somewhere Art Fawcett had a shop in Rodeo, CA. My family is from Rodeo going back to my great grandfather when he migrated here from Portugal. Art informed me his current neighbor is from Rodeo also and most likely my cousin! Small world. :D
Mine is on it's way as well lol
I think 2010 may be a busy year for Art ;)

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
lol lol lol
IC, we'll have to negotiate when I get there..perhaps over a beverage or two?

Gents, I have been pleasantly surprised so far this year. From the moment i opened shop on the 4th my phone has been ringing and in fact have a waiting list just for the conformers. I own ten and all are in transit. What a kick. Mickey D, yours is going out later this morning. I had one come back yesterday so it's turned around & off.

I may actually be getting into Tn a day earlier as I want to spend more time at Winchester. Maybe some of you local guys can tell me other things I need to be doing while I'm there privately?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner