Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art of Shaving Stores

Brian Sheridan

One Too Many
My great wife bought me a gift certificate for a shave at "The Art of Shaving" shop at the Beachwood Mall in Cleveland, Oh. She also added in a gift certificate so I can pick up more shaving soap, pre-shave oil, etc.

Has anyone here ever gotten a shave at this, or one of these shops?

How was your experience?

pgoat

One Too Many
My wife got me a certificate for The Art of Shaving about a year ago. At first I thought the haircut was over priced (about $50 with tip), as I am practically bald, but it did actually look much better and stay better looking longer than the usual $20 job at the corner barber. (I usually just buzz it myself, but we were attending some events, etc). I didn't get a shave, alas - I plan to go back the next time I need a decent haircut, and will probably splurge for the shave too; what the hey?

I did not get the 'royal spa' vibe, where they treated me like a king, or anything, but I kinda hate that anyway. In any case it sounds great - give your wife a big kiss and enjoy!!

I try to give my wife at least one spa-like gift a year if I can (for her b-day, etc). Even if it's something small, like a manicure, it's a nice gift, something most people will never splurge on nearly enough for themselves.

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
We were wrapping up some last-minute Christmas shopping at Bellevue Square on the 23rd and, lo and behold, I was stopped in my tracks when I saw they'd just opened a store there. Between the center court and Penney's, lower level, east side. I would've gone in, but we'd gone out to dinner and to see the late showing of National Treasure II after shopping, so it was almost 1 am... But I've got to admit I rolled my eyes when I checked their website and saw a Gillette Fusion razor for $325 - I can't see that there's THAT much difference between it and the $9.95 version at any market or drugstore, but I thought I might get the travel size set to try out their products, and the thought of getting an old-fashioned straight-razor shave is appealing, just to see what it's like.

pgoat

One Too Many
wow that's funny - we were going to Portland and I had hoped there'd be one there so I could get a fresh shave the day of our appointments, but no good.

I wound up getting my haircut in NY and spent the rest towards a nice Badger shaving Brush there. It was VERY expensive.....I've not yet tried it. I have a few inexpensive brushes which vary in performance from lousy to very good (I believe they are all synthetic imitation badger) so I will soon try the real mcCoy and see if it was worth the dough. Mind, I coulda spent another $100 and got a nice swirly horn handle.....also, I bought a cheapo plastic brush stand from them ($5) which broke the second time I used it....they gave me store credit and I splurged on a nice Nickel one ($75 - groan!!:rolleyes: )

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80