Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

As Seen On TV (those gadgets you love to hate)

Slim Portly

One Too Many
sixsexsix said:
:eek:fftopic: this sounds SO delicious!
Stop by any time, my dear. I usually prepare the marinated tofu by cutting it into chopstick-friendly pieces and pan frying it with noodels, and pair that with a green salad with miso and ginger dressing, served with jasmine blossom green tea. Heaven.

desi_de_lu_lu

Practically Family
RIOT said:
I always wanted the folding ladder thing, but can never remember what it was called or was quick enough to catch the infomercial when it was on back when. I did buy a 1:18 scale '41 Willys Hot Rod once.. piece of crap.

My neighbor has that ladder and it is bad @$$. I am the what "Not-to-Do" example with a normal ladder... next door. LOL.

p.s. and Home Depot has them now.....not that I have seen a Home Depot in NYC lately. LOL

epr25

Practically Family
Every time I go to Walgreens I always look at those infinity razors. They are supposed to stay sharp forever. Has anyone ever bought one of these?

RIOT

Practically Family
desi_de_lu_lu said:
My neighbor has that ladder and it is bad @$$. I am the what "Not-to-Do" example with a normal ladder... next door. LOL.

p.s. and Home Depot has them now.....not that I have seen a Home Depot in NYC lately. LOL

Thanks for the heads up hun! Do you remember what it was called? I gotta check it out one of these days. Yeah we have em here, come to think of it, I'm due for a Home Depot visit anyway to check out what latest toys they have. ;)

desi_de_lu_lu

Practically Family
epr25 said:
Every time I go to Walgreens I always look at those infinity razors. They are supposed to stay sharp forever. Has anyone ever bought one of these?

No, but I have seen that all razor blades sharperner gadget. I sharpens the blades of any razors to prolong the use of it.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
desi_de_lu_lu said:
I also just bought a Ped Egg. (used for Pedicures and other rough bits) and I have to say, it does work as well as the commercial claims.

I bought the Ped Egg from my local beauty supply store and I hate it. I don't think it works well at all. I get much better, cleaner and faster results with a regular pumice stone.

desi_de_lu_lu

Practically Family
KittyT said:
I bought the Ped Egg from my local beauty supply store and I hate it. I don't think it works well at all. I get much better, cleaner and faster results with a regular pumice stone.

Really? that is too bad.. I will tell you though, I had to push down on it and kind of scrub. (and go over the same spot a few times) but it seemed to shave off the dry rough skin in micro slices.

Of course, your feet are probably like daffodills compared to my rough summer Arizona feet. Seriously, after I moved here from New York my feet became like velcro.

RIOT

Practically Family
Got off my lazy @$$ and did a search :rolleyes: It's called Little Giant. I really need to get me one of those!

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
desi_de_lu_lu said:
Really? that is too bad.. I will tell you though, I had to push down on it and kind of scrub. (and go over the same spot a few times) but it seemed to shave off the dry rough skin in micro slices.

Yeah, same here. Too much heavy pushing, uneven results, and too much time required scrubbing to get the results I want.

Of course, your feet are probably like daffodills compared to my rough summer Arizona feet. Seriously, after I moved here from New York my feet became like velcro.

No way in hell! I play roller derby, girl, AND I'm diabetic. The prior means my feet are always covered in calluses, the latter means they are always very dry.

The Shirt

Practically Family
winsor pilates circle
proactive
bare minerals

I'm more of a beauty freak/sucker than a gadget sucker. But I do covet the bullet and that weird sandwich maker thingy. There are days when I am so brain fried that all I can do is plop myself down in front of the tv. THe only reason I watch is that I'd rather pluck my eyelashes out one by one than watch golf.

desi_de_lu_lu

Practically Family
The Shirt said:
winsor pilates circle
proactive
bare minerals

I'm more of a beauty freak/sucker than a gadget sucker. But I do covet the bullet and that weird sandwich maker thingy. There are days when I am so brain fried that all I can do is plop myself down in front of the tv. THe only reason I watch is that I'd rather pluck my eyelashes out one by one than watch golf.

I love watching the Bare Minerals infomercials. Something so trancelike about Leslie.. and all of those before and afters. LIke a fly to a flame I am.

Then I see the products at Ulta and play with them and not so much. I don't see the appeal.

The Shirt

Practically Family
I once got totally entranced in this one that smushed some crud on the wrinkles near the models' eyes at the beginning of the show. Then they kept a small window off to the side on their eye the entire time while they did their scientific schpeel (how do you spell that!?). The wrinkles disappeared - it was freakishly delicious. I wanted it so badly but didn't believe it - way too good to be true. They cut the show short I suppose before she flew off the chair screaming "It's burning, it's burning!"

I cannot for the life of me find it now though.

At the great big bad Mall of America - there was actually a store "As Seen on TV" that sold all these contraptions. It is hilarious.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
The Shirt said:
At the great big bad Mall of America - there was actually a store "As Seen on TV" that sold all these contraptions. It is hilarious.

I've seen many of these stores, actually! There's one at the mall near my mom's house.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart