Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
Overall, I am very happy with my collection. I do think I will want another Freewheelers in time, though.
I think you have a great collection. I like every single one of them.

What about Thedi. You won't be disappointed in terms of craftsmanship, that's for sure. They also offer Shinki if that's what you like but their Italian hh is great as well. As a matter of fact, I think all Thedi's leather choices are great. Even their military canvas is impressive :)

Anyway, I could picture you in a Thedi. Something like this would suit you well :)
E05933B6-321A-45EE-AC70-513E347BDA92.jpeg

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
@Marc mndt I like Thedi a lot. I recommend them to people a lot and I like a lot of their stuff, but nothing sticks out to me the way Freewheelers stuff does. I have 4 FW jackets right now and have had 7 and there are still a couple other models that I would like to have. My guess is that I will feel that way about a Thedi eventually too. They have a lot of amazing leather choices. I actually think I like their deerskin that they have shown the most.

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
Don't really care who it is. Theo often does the same thing. Love Thedi jackets but would never consider paying that kind of money to wear jackets that short. Luckily they will add length.
I think (just guessing, don't know) these are trade show samples, made to fit the average height guy. Wouldn't make sense to make them to fit Theodoros.

Pandemic

One Too Many
On throat latches: I’m still on the fence about adding one to the JL I’m getting made now. I definitely like the BK example above - which is a little set in from the edge. It lays a little nicer and can also be buttoned out of the way if needed.

What about having a removable one. On the jacket would be the buttons or a couple of snaps only, with the tab being a separate piece.

Mrfrown

One Too Many
A removable throat latch sounds like the perfect thing to stow away in your jacket pocket.

I mean really, how many people actually put stuff in all their jacket pockets?

As an experiment, I wrote down the measurements of my GW the day I got it and stashed it in the chest pocket. I wanted to see if it changed over the years. With ebay purchases, I usually find missing zipper pulls, etc. in the pockets. Never found any cash.

dlite90

Familiar Face
Glad I could get some discussion going on “throat latches”. I want one on my next half belt because I find myself flipping my collar up a lot.
A removable throat latch sounds like something that would get lost...I don’t think any part of a jacket should be removable.

A removable throat latch sounds like the perfect thing to stow away in your jacket pocket.

I mean really, how many people actually put stuff in all their jacket pockets?

I avoid jackets with too many pockets because yeah it’s not practical. And a few times a year I find myself looking for something for days then discover it in some obscure jacket/coat pocket.

Mrfrown

One Too Many
Going over my JL order I realized I said a 2” waist band. Too small! I’m looking at both @Jin431 ’s jacket and the BK below for inspiration- should I go 3” or 4”?

View attachment 306254

Strikes me that the lack of horizontal stitching on the band helps it maintain proportionality even with how wide it is.

I think horizontal stitching would make it appear too wide.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy