Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Riu

Practically Family
Cxl does change but it depends on how hard you wear your jacket really. Do you want something that will look the same after years of wear or something that will show wear/patina?

I like a nice patina, to be honest, so I don't mind if it changes but depends on how it does.

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I like a nice patina, to be honest, so I don't mind if it changes but depends on how it does.

this is my cxl
7E391211-4C46-42A0-8515-254A328534FB.jpeg
6FA13DCE-47DD-446D-9487-8D4446D2D608.jpeg

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thank you, looks really good! For how long you've had it?
It's from 2009, but only worn a lot for the first few years. Then rather rarely. But that it looked like that happened relatively quickly.

Reactions: Riu

Riu

Practically Family
It's from 2009, but only worn a lot for the first few years. Then rather rarely. But that it looked like that happened relatively quickly.
Thank you, I'll see what Aero will say when they answer and then decide what to do.

Riu

Practically Family
@HoosierDaddy has a photo of a black cxl that has a wonderful patina

I've only had my brown cxl for 3 months but it is showing reddish rusty brown on the contact areas (armpit/elbows)

View attachment 298335

Thank you @Jin431. I made up my mind looking at all the pictures, I've just ordered the Board Racer so now I'll have to wait and see how it fits :)

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
I'm reluctant to change a title absent a request, or permission, given by the OP.

"Ask a Question, Get an Answer About Outerwear" might be an appropriate Title. That would distinguish it from the question in the Hat forum.
Great idea. Permission granted :)

Is it a good idea to preemptively reinforce a jacket’s male insertion pin with crazy glue to avoid separation from the tape down the road?

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
Is it a good idea to reinforce a jacket’s male insertion pin with crazy glue to avoid separation from the tape down the road?
I don't know, but wouldn't that just move the problem to the next weakest (unglued) point?

Not sure... if the pin is what gets separated, is there any drawback to reinforcement? If not, I’ll probably do it to all my jackets, especially the vintage ones that are still ok.

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
Is it a good idea to preemptively reinforce a jacket’s male insertion pin with crazy glue to avoid separation from the tape down the road?

Is fabric turned stiff by crazy glue more resistant than fabric that is still soft?
I wondered the same thing recently, the Talon on my B2 lost the thin transparent plastic the was glued on the tape, both sides of the male insertion pin. I thought about soaking that area in super glue to make it stronger, but then i worried that maybe it would have more chance of tearing/breaking if it was stiff?

Maybe we should soak cotton and poly fabric in super glue and then have some sort of tear test comparing it to the pre soak fabric?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk