Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.
Does anyone recognize the maker / model? My best guess would be HD but I've never seen one like this before.

View attachment 429514 View attachment 429515 View attachment 429516 View attachment 429517 View attachment 429518 View attachment 429519

Isn't it one of the Canadian makers, early Brimaco or sth? That plaid's their trademark and they've been pumping out this style ever since HD came up with it.

Collar doesn't strike me as Blatt and they haven't been around to tone down.

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
Isn't it one of the Canadian makers, early Brimaco or sth? That plaid's their trademark and they've been pumping out this style ever since HD came up with it.

Collar doesn't strike me as Blatt and they haven't been around to tone down.
It crossed my mind but those Brimaco / British Cycling leathers came with domes instead of studs. Also a V panel back (never seen one with a halfbelt) plus I wouldn't expect to see a Conmar zipper on one of those. Overall this looks like a much higher quality jacket than what I've seen from Canadian makers.

1653906073317.png

1653906127379.png

It crossed my mind but those Brimaco / British Cycling leathers came with domes instead of studs. Also a V panel back (never seen one with a halfbelt) plus I wouldn't expect to see a Conmar zipper on one of those. Overall this looks like a much higher quality jacket than what I've seen from Canadian makers.

View attachment 429644

View attachment 429645

These all 70's models but Brimaco has been around muuuch longer (Brimaco was founded 1890-something I think?). We mostly see their 70's pieces. Might be Bristol's take on the style, too, seeing how popular it became in Canada at some point.

roadking04

Practically Family
Schott Horsehide - How thick? Is it stiff/waterproof? Compared to CXL? Thanks!
Schott says its 3-3.5oz and I would say that is about right. I would say it is about as waterproof as you would get in leather, same as CXL. My last Schott 618hh was super stiff in the beginning but will eventually soften up.

I am a fan of Schott HH. Not very impressive at first but will gain character as it breaks in. CXL might have an edge in appearance depending on your taste. There is just something about a Schott perfecto that I can't explain.

roadking04

Practically Family
Funny, I own cloth jackets that's are stiffer than the brandnew 618hh I owned. I'd say it's nothing like CXL.
My 618hh would stand on its own when I first got it. It was surprisingly stiff. I think it was a 2019? I thought I had a few pics, but I couldn't find them.

20200918_151309.jpg
20200918_151546.jpg

These pics were after a few wears, but fairly new.

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
My 618hh would stand on its own when I first got it. It was surprisingly stiff. I think it was a 2019? I thought I had a few pics, but I couldn't find them.

View attachment 429767 View attachment 429768

These pics were after a few wears, but fairly new.
No way mine could stand up on its own. I've had two and they were both very supple. The steerhide Perfecto's felt much stiffer tbh.

B7B62B22-7D0C-48A5-AA5D-E3490396AE0D.jpeg
56C979AA-5902-4E1A-9235-48E7C9DD6EB9.jpeg

Kubatu

A-List Customer
Any clues to what brand this could be? All Talon zips, partial tag torn off (see the bottom of the collar in image #1), nothing in pockets. Seems to be a modern maker though.

ljizj7p.jpg

nv3YpFx.jpg

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Does anyone recognize the maker / model? My best guess would be HD but I've never seen one like this before.

View attachment 429514 View attachment 429515 View attachment 429516 View attachment 429517 View attachment 429518 View attachment 429519 This is a curious jacket. I too thought it was the Brimaco pictured above, but the zippers on this jacket tell a different story. The main, bell shaped, Conmar is from the mid 40s to early 50s. The V pocket zipper looks to be a Talon from the war years, V for victory. It also has the back half-belt which was dropped from MC style jackets in the late 40s. The 3 stud decoration was also seen on late 40s HD jackets. These early HD jackets also had flannel type linings. The maker of the early HD labeled jackets remains a mystery to me.

View attachment 429644

View attachment 429645

Here is another back design used by British cycles and Brimaco on their HD-type jackets.

6E5A50AF-383C-4249-91DD-D113F4082C7D.jpeg

I’ve never seen them do a HB back design on one of their MC jackets.

I still think some variant made by a maker who made HD jackets. Like I said, the front looks like a male version of the cycle queen. TM seems to agree and brings zipper and other jacket science into the equation. Lol. God bless TM.

Damn it’s nice.

daw204

New in Town
does anyone have any experience with Hack Lederware out of Germany? Their horsehide jacket leather seems fairly eh (1mm thick chrome tanned from Italy) but I saw the deerskin jacket listed below. Also, what exactly is chamois tanned leather? Google search stated that it’s split leather that’s used to maximize water absorption. Kinda weird material to use for a jacket that’s going to be exposed to the elements

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldBoot