Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
What is the function of this belt loop on the inside of the jacket?
FE38CA39-77EA-4A53-8499-8A5CE13115DB.jpeg
E67BEC0F-4CEB-498D-8254-83670EEC0862.jpeg

Fonzie

One Too Many
Great thread idea!
Here's something I've always wondered: Why do some moto jackets (like vintage Cals) have side cinches AND belt loops?

Isn't that overkill and redundant? (I don't ride so I'm not sure if it's actually functional, but it does look odd to me).

s-l300.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    17.8 KB · Views: 764
This is an excellent idea for thread, Marc! There has been quite a few threads lately that required just a single answer, cases where often a simple yes or no would've sufficed and that's pretty much it for it.

@Fonzie - Practicality, I guess. Many people don't wear the belt off the motorcycle and this way, you still get to adjust the jacket to your liking. It isn't a bad feature to have. What I don't understand are those jackets that only have belt looks on the back. . .

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
Great thread idea!
Here's something I've always wondered: Why do some moto jackets (like vintage Cals) have side cinches AND belt loops?

Isn't that overkill and redundant? (I don't ride so I'm not sure if it's actually functional, but it does look odd to me).

View attachment 297737

The laces are there to make the jacket fit you, the loops are to attach your duty belt.
The gun, handcuffs, etc are carried on the jacket itself.

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Great thread idea!

View attachment 297737

Deparment of Redundency Department. :)

Generally I have found side laces to be more effective overall than full-round belts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leatherpatch