Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

willyto

One Too Many
Thanks again guys for your advice and help! An ionizer currently is not an option as it is too expensive or just 2 or 3 vintage leather jackets and as I don't have a plan to buy more vintage leather jackets for now.
I talked to Lederzentrum who are based in Germany (they are leather experts) and they recommended both airing and depending on type of leather an odor minimizer / neutralizer (they cannot guarantee that it works but maybe around 20€ are worth a try):
https://www.lederzentrum.de/geruchsminderer-250-ml.html
My concern is that it will not take care of the lining smell. It's the whole jacket that smells bad, not just the leather.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Those photos don't look promising blown up.

FWIW, I hadn't worn my IR much. I had two now just one, and it is a keeper. I also ask for thickest hides on all my Aero builds so that might impact how the jacket wears.

The IR is a wierd cut. But there aren't that many quality repros out there that I know of. The throat latch is sort of a signature of this jacket too. I admit I am now confused. But my IR is a keeper. Getting it upgraded to a Crown zip as a matter of fact. Will post so photos after the boob zipper job.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Youre right there is an imprint! I've never noticed until just now I take a closer look. Doesn't bother me. Still going through with the Crown and keeping her. There one nipple on each collar side so it still balances out.

IMG_6748.JPG

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
Too expensive? The top rated ozone generator in this review is only $40.00.

https://www.consumertestedreviews.o...MIysSMz-KW-gIVUMLCBB1JzAhQEAAYAiAAEgLnj_D_BwE
That is a great find, Peacoat. I might get one myself, even though I have not encountered a stinky jacket yet - just in case. One thing I would suggest - this thing being tiny, probably does not generate a whole lot of ions. Might want to to run it in a small space with the jacket (a small bathroom, a closet, etc) to speed up the process. Edit - this device is not an ozone generator, but an ionizer. It may create a small amount of ozone, though ,which may be enough for the purpose of removing smell from a jacket, if the space is sufficiently small.

Last edited:

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Do you have jackets that are soaked in (other peoples) cologne and do these Ozone machine work on those? I have a few cologne drenched jackets that just don't air out. Worse than cigarette smells and I haven't found a solution. Some has been airing out for over a year now. Ugh. If these Ozone machine works on cologne smells then I'm gonna sneak one in. I think they are banned here not sure. Thanks.

Peacoat

Bartender
That is a great find, Peacoat. I might get one myself, even though I have not encountered a stinky jacket yet - just in case. One thing I would suggest - this thing being tiny, probably does not generate a whole lot of ions. Might want to to run it in a small space with the jacket (a small bathroom, a closet, etc) to speed up the process. Edit - this device is not an ozone generator, but an ionizer. It may create a small amount of ozone, though ,which may be enough for the purpose of removing smell from a jacket, if the space is sufficiently small.
Yes, I think a small bathroom or a closet would be the best bet for one this small.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Double ended main zip - Is it as easy as sliding another zip onto the same track and make my own two way zip? Has anyone tried to make a two way zip from their current zips? Thanks.

IMG_6765.JPG

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
I use spray too, since i buy mine from laundry supplier shop so it comes in larger quantity, so i buy spray bottle with mistier atomizer/nozzle so i can spray on the opening of the leg or sleeve without making a round wet spot on the leather or denim. spayer bottle that is suitable to decant perfumes is the best imo.

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
There is a Ridley Indian Ranger out in the wild... HH has link to the guy's Insta account in one of the Aero threads...
There are a lot of Ridley Indian Rangers that were made but most of them have a Buco style collar plus throat latch. Julie made mine (the last one ever, since Aero is now only making exact repro IRs, so midweight hides and original cut/features only) with the classic Indian Ranger collar– which I wasn't expecting and was absolutely delighted to see when it arrived.

@Pandemic, the button and (if folded back) latch do press through a bit, but I quite like the look of it. I had a mouton collar made for mine that I have on when in the mood, though otherwise I wear it without mouton and with the throat latch open. It's a great look.

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
Do you have jackets that are soaked in (other peoples) cologne and do these Ozone machine work on those?
No, unfortunately not. Man I feel for you, I'd rather wear a mouldy jacket than one with another men's cologne.

I've tried the ozone machine, I've trying spraying it with vodka, laying it out in the sun for a week, nothing helped.

willyto

One Too Many
No, unfortunately not. Man I feel for you, I'd rather wear a mouldy jacket than one with another men's cologne.

I've tried the ozone machine, I've trying spraying it with vodka, laying it out in the sun for a week, nothing helped.
Then what’s a good use for the Ozone machine? Before purchasing it I’d like to know if it actually works.

Soaking a leather jacket shouldn’t be a problem though. Leather is tough and can resist that. After all even leather shoes are made with wet/mellow leather and nothing is used after that except polishing the uppers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko