Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

photo2u

Call Me a Cab

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
@Marc mndt Where does the elastic attach? It looks like one end is on the interior gusset seam. Does it go all the way across the back to the other side? That's what it looks like to me, but wanted to make sure I understand. Thank you!
Yep, like this

B139EDD0-6021-4EC8-884F-DCC4D512EE84.jpeg

barnabus

One Too Many
On a whim today I bought some cheapo leather gloves. They are just the job and fit beautifully, although built down to a price obv. But they have a strong chemical smell.

What can I do to shortcut this dissipating naturally?

Observe

Practically Family
I would like to post some pictures of the leather on a jacket for your consideration, without providing any information on the maker to avoid any bias.

I noticed a seemingly artificial pattern when observing the leather from certain angles. It's reminiscent of the marks that the presser feet of sewing machines make around stitching, the only difference being that in this case there are no nearby stitches to account for the marks. It's too uniform to be pores in the skin. What do you make of these marks? I'm hoping someone here can provide some insight into their presence.

I used a flashlight to highlight the markings in question, I hope it did the job.
20221201_221735.jpg
20221201_221903.jpg

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
I would like to post some pictures of the leather on a jacket for your consideration, without providing any information on the maker to avoid any bias.

I noticed a seemingly artificial pattern when observing the leather from certain angles. It's reminiscent of the marks that the presser feet of sewing machines make around stitching, the only difference being that in this case there are no nearby stitches to account for the marks. It's too uniform to be pores in the skin. What do you make of these marks? I'm hoping someone here can provide some insight into their presence.

I used a flashlight to highlight the markings in question, I hope it did the job.
View attachment 469386 View attachment 469387
Is there a lining seam underneath? Or an inner pocket?

Dex

New in Town
SIMMONS BILT - TAIL GUNNER HORSEHIDE LEATHER JACKET - NATURAL

Arrived today
:)

Is those wrinkles a serious problem? Should I return it or keep it? The jacket is new and has not been worn.

Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-12-02 at 17.47.40.png
    Screenshot 2022-12-02 at 17.47.40.png
    6 MB · Views: 71
  • Screenshot 2022-12-02 at 17.47.53.png
    Screenshot 2022-12-02 at 17.47.53.png
    6.7 MB · Views: 76
  • Screenshot 2022-12-02 at 17.48.06.png
    Screenshot 2022-12-02 at 17.48.06.png
    6.5 MB · Views: 73
  • Screenshot 2022-12-02 at 17.48.18.png
    Screenshot 2022-12-02 at 17.48.18.png
    6.6 MB · Views: 74

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up

View attachment 469386 View attachment 469387
Looks like pigment finished leather. The "grains" are from the paint not from the actual skin. I have a few jackets like that. Leather like this usually "fades" instead of "patinas". But these pigment finished hides are more water resistent, that's could be a plus. Machine job looks very good, triple stitched seams looks very solid and neat. The plump says its a thicker hide (3oz plus).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko