Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Yeah Japanese phone, address, bank account are the three usual things they ask for and I’ve got none. Haha. There are middle man doing this though, like reverse proxies. Like this
IMG_0477.jpeg

Some brands and sizing are In demand over there. And vice versa.

I finally found how to get repro Crown zippers from them. Got some coming hope they worked out. The loop chain Waldes zips are more expensive than Waldes Crown zips, that was a shocker.
I believe you need a Japanese bank account to list on Japanese Yahoo auctions. I was looking to sell through them before since my sizes would would have a much better chance of moving over there.

livioli

Familiar Face
Yes. Comfortable to move in, etc. Well thought out and built jackets will work for more than just one body build. Last, the purpose of the jacket/pattern is important. I’m thinking MC gear. Some won’t feel or maybe look just right until you are in your riding position.

Lots of trial and error for the folks here. But we are a bit nuts. Some more than others. Most humans are good with a jacket in their numbered size and the right sleeve length. Nice and easy.
Thanks! I guess I just have to hope that it fits me well then.

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
T

Thanks for the reply.

How can I tell whether a jacket has a good pattern? Do I just put it on and see if it fits me well? Whether it flatters me, and whether it's comfortable to wear?
If it fits you well in terms of both feel and look. In fact, a great pattern won't just look ok on you, it will flatter you. It will also feel like it's more roomy than it is.

Additionally, you can sometimes tell a good pattern by a jacket almost feeling like it fits even if it's the wrong size. This happened when I tried on Thedi jackets for example. Also, just because a jacket doesn't fit you well doesn't automatically mean it's a bad pattern objectively.

For example, I tried on a thedi jacket that was too long for me but it otherwise looked brilliant and was still objectively a good pattern.

Part of figuring out patterns comes with us all adding our collective knowledge together.

For example my Vanson c2 fits me extremely well and part of why I know it's a great pattern is because it also looked great on the guy who sold it to me. I'm 5'7" with a 42" chest and he was over 6' and very slim. That versatility is a sign of a great pattern.

Keep in mind that in traditional tailoring and bespoke suit making, a great pattern would be judged somewhat differently because of the bespoke nature of the garment.

KBlake

One Too Many
What can I do to reduce squeaking of a vintage cal leather jacket that is still quite stiff and squeaks.

Goel

A-List Customer
Yeah Japanese phone, address, bank account are the three usual things they ask for and I’ve got none. Haha. There are middle man doing this though, like reverse proxies. Like this
View attachment 544092
Some brands and sizing are In demand over there. And vice versa.

I finally found how to get repro Crown zippers from them. Got some coming hope they worked out. The loop chain Waldes zips are more expensive than Waldes Crown zips, that was a shocker.
I know JL sells a lot of stuff over in Japan but usually under different names. At least my size is far more common over there.

By the way, does anyone know where LW sources their horsehide? I believe it's their own tannery but I figured I would ask. That deep navy blue chrome tan horse they have is the exact kind of thing I'm looking for.

Last edited:

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
Yes. They all curve. That is why some heavy leather duty belts that are used to carry weapons, radios, etc have a steel strip sewn in to keep them in shape.
segmented steel plates? I believe fashion/ dress belt have plastic or hard paper or perhaps canvas inserts inbetween thin leather sandwich construction and those belt is also sewn with the lining side shorter than the outer side so the belt will naturally want to roll.

wukong

New in Town
Hello, new to the forum and to leather jackets!

I'm not riding and I'm looking for goatskin as far as material goes.
So I need help, as I'm not sure how good these two jackets fit me. Can I have some opinions, please?

Both are All Saints and I only have a t-shirt underneath.
The first one is the Lark model: https://photos.app.goo.gl/7GcZJbjjbXiJ5iub9

The second one is the Kemble model: https://photos.app.goo.gl/oVUPSJBxng8RkGkr8
Also, for this one it seems to me there's a defect as the zipper, when opened, does not sit straight no matter what I do. Or am I crazy ??

Thank you!

IrishStu

One of the Regulars
Hello, new to the forum and to leather jackets!

I'm not riding and I'm looking for goatskin as far as material goes.
So I need help, as I'm not sure how good these two jackets fit me. Can I have some opinions, please?

Both are All Saints and I only have a t-shirt underneath.
The first one is the Lark model: https://photos.app.goo.gl/7GcZJbjjbXiJ5iub9

The second one is the Kemble model: https://photos.app.goo.gl/oVUPSJBxng8RkGkr8
Also, for this one it seems to me there's a defect as the zipper, when opened, does not sit straight no matter what I do. Or am I crazy ??

Thank you!
The sillouett provided by the Lark, suits you but doubt there is room for layering. The Kemble is a different style but also nice on you, just a more relaxed look with room to layer. Personally, the zipper issue when open wouldn't bother me.
Welcome to the forum.

wukong

New in Town
The sillouett provided by the Lark, suits you but doubt there is room for layering. The Kemble is a different style but also nice on you, just a more relaxed look with room to layer. Personally, the zipper issue when open wouldn't bother me.
Welcome to the forum.
Thanks a lot!! Should I expect enough give once I wear them so that I may at least get a sweater underneath the Lark one?
I don't really know how much a goatskin jacket loosens.

IrishStu

One of the Regulars
Thanks a lot!! Should I expect enough give once I wear them so that I may at least get a sweater underneath the Lark one?
I don't really know how much a goatskin jacket loosens.
I don't own a goatskin jacket but I've had quite a few leather jackets over the years and none have stretched significantly. If you can't layer now, I doubt you'll be able to layer comfortably in the future, with the same jacket. There are others on this forum more experienced than I and they may differ in opinion. The reality is that All Saints is a good starting place in leather jackets but if you stay on this site, it's inevitable that you will sell them and move to the next level. Good luck

wukong

New in Town
I don't own a goatskin jacket but I've had quite a few leather jackets over the years and none have stretched significantly. If you can't layer now, I doubt you'll be able to layer comfortably in the future, with the same jacket. There are others on this forum more experienced than I and they may differ in opinion. The reality is that All Saints is a good starting place in leather jackets but if you stay on this site, it's inevitable that you will sell them and move to the next level. Good luck
Hmm, their customer service said it could stretch max. half a size.
I got them at a good price and that's why I'm tented to maybe keep them.

As for the temptations of this forum, I'm already saving some ideas.

Thank you for your help!

IrishStu

One of the Regulars
Hmm, their customer service said it could stretch max. half a size.
I got them at a good price and that's why I'm tented to maybe keep them.

As for the temptations of this forum, I'm already saving some ideas.

Thank you for your help!
They both look good on you. Keeping them can only be a positive thing.

AHP91

Practically Family
Is there anyone in Japan who might be able to proxy a jacket for me? Thank you

Bluechel

Practically Family
What jacket maker (Talon zippers here) used this on the sides? This is in lieu of leather ties...
jacksnap.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff