Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
They seem not so good with communication. I initially got a response when they returned from break and then they’ve not responded to subsequent emails.
It’s probably best to take it up with Denny. I pinged him for you last time he’s active on the forum.
For what it’s worth, all of my communications with Aero are promptly answered, but not always the answer I want, which I can respect them for that.
If you’re not looking for the rare models, there’s a lot of lightly used Aeros on the reseller market, a lot of them with longer sleeves because that’s how Thurston specs them. They usually very good deals. Hope this helps.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Being in the USA what could i expect if i purchase a jacket located in japan via ebay? Horror?
Expect to pay about 30% more than if you were to buy directly from Japan. But eBay has protections proxy don’t that’s where the 30% is going to I guess. If you’re gonna buy from eBay, make sure it returnable.

KBlake

One Too Many
It’s probably best to take it up with Denny. I pinged him for you last time he’s active on the forum.
For what it’s worth, all of my communications with Aero are promptly answered, but not always the answer I want, which I can respect them for that.
If you’re not looking for the rare models, there’s a lot of lightly used Aeros on the reseller market, a lot of them with longer sleeves because that’s how Thurston specs them. They usually very good deals. Hope this helps.
Thank you! How do I go about contacting Denny? I don't see a TFL member by that name.

jojothenorthstar

One of the Regulars
Getting a Schott b3 and should I size up? I wear a cotton lined b15 leather jacket with a 22 pit to pit and the size 36 Schott is 22.5. is that acceptable? I hear Schott is a bit oversized

Boyo

Call Me a Cab
Getting a Schott b3 and should I size up? I wear a cotton lined b15 leather jacket with a 22 pit to pit and the size 36 Schott is 22.5. is that acceptable? I hear Schott is a bit oversized
would The jacket be returnable? If so I’d go true to size and see how it works out. As always the actual measurements are the key to the best fit not tag size.

jojothenorthstar

One of the Regulars
would The jacket be returnable? If so I’d go true to size and see how it works out. As always the actual measurements are the key to the best fit not tag size.
Well yes but I'm ordering from outside the US so I have to pay about 150 dollars.

I've read on the lounge that it's okay to go up a little due to the shearling taking space but I wanted more opinions

jeo

One Too Many
Being in the USA what could i expect if i purchase a jacket located in japan via ebay? Horror?
Expect to overpay by a lot.

You can find most listings on eBay that are from Japan directly from Yahoo Auctions Japan or Mercari and like Canuck said, they’ll be 30% - 50% less than the eBay listing.

You'll be using a proxy site and over a certain amount ($800 I think) you’ll have to pay duty. You also have to pay proxy fees (minimal) and shipping fees. At the end of the day it’ll still be cheaper than buying the jacket from the eBay listing.

Canuck talked about buyer protections…I’ve bought countless jackets from Japan and never had an issue. Only one time FedEx held my jacket for like 2 weeks because of “incomplete information” but I eventually got the jacket. That wouldn’t be a concern for me.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
@KBlake Denny is @Hide'n'seek and Holly is @cloudylemonade

@jojothenorthstar if you are in Canada, check out Urban Outfitters. They carry that Schott B3 almost every season and at the end of the season they always have a mark down sale. Plus you can try on the sizes. There is also Ssense, but their Schott stocks changes often, they also have end of season discounts, and they're free returns.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Question about Heller's Cafe (Larry's Collection) brand / label.

Are these jackets produced by Himel? Or are they produced by Warehouse? Or both?

Hellers cafe 40.jpg
Hellers cafe 42.jpg

jchance

One of the Regulars

Attachments

• IMG_5117.jpeg
    IMG_5117.jpeg
    20.2 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:

jojothenorthstar

One of the Regulars
thank you, i'll look right now
@KBlake Denny is @Hide'n'seek and Holly is @cloudylemonade

@jojothenorthstar if you are in Canada, check out Urban Outfitters. They carry that Schott B3 almost every season and at the end of the season they always have a mark down sale. Plus you can try on the sizes. There is also Ssense, but their Schott stocks changes often, they also have end of season discounts, and they're free returns.

KBlake

One Too Many
Anyone know what this is? I got it for $100
IMG_5784.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_5785.jpeg
    IMG_5785.jpeg
    966.2 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_5786.jpeg
    IMG_5786.jpeg
    736 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_5787.jpeg
    IMG_5787.jpeg
    536.7 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_5788.jpeg
    IMG_5788.jpeg
    843.1 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_5789.jpeg
    IMG_5789.jpeg
    512.6 KB · Views: 32

realgone

Familiar Face
Cal Leathers question:

I have a straight zip Cal coming from Kblake, and I’d like to add a mouton collar.
Are these easy to come by?
Did Cal standardize their snap placement and collar sizes?
If I find one that was from a Cal, is it likely to fit, or am I delusional?

Might be getting ahead of myself, it hasn’t arrived yet so could be a catch/release scenario.
TIA

KBlake

One Too Many
My experience trying to communicate with the folks at aero has not been confidence inspiring. If I’m spending over $1000 on a jacket I expect to be able to get a response to emails. So far I haven’t been able to get an order off the ground despite multiple attempts.

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I’ve never had a communication issue with them, even with full order and spec changes. Maybe the email got filtered somehow? Start a new one.

Al 916

One Too Many
Same here, never a problem, replies within 24Hrs (lovely folk!)

When did you email them K? What address are you using?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24