Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

At the Dog Track... The Whippets

CRH

Call Me a Cab
Sam Craig said:

There in it was a hat that, it turns out, had belonged to this lady's father in law. A perfect condition, chocolate brown Whippet.

And it fit me perfectly.

:eusa_clap

I could have even more appreciation of your good fortune if you would post some pics. :)

Sam Craig

One Too Many
I'm impaired

Craig,

I thought about that.

I'm still too technologically impaired.

I was a Fed member for months before I finally figured out how to set up an avitar and post.

I thought that new movie that everyone is so excited about took place in the Fedora Lounge until I got half way through it and saw none of the tall, blue people were wearing hats.

I've got a couple of kids ... 30s ... who are trying to teach me, so I'll work on it.

Thanks

buler

I'll Lock Up
Whippet raw

Couldn't leave this stray whimpering in the antique mall even though its a tiny size. Almost unworn condition except for some wear to the color on the reed cover. Plus someone had the brim spade and neutered... the binding has been trimmed off. But it was done pretty well and looks very nice as a raw edge brim. The crown on this Whippet is really straight. Looks great with just a center crease and no pinch. The felt is thick and pliable. Just a notch below my 7X Clear Beaver Stetson.

B

whip_1_alt.jpg

whip_2_alt_2.jpg

whip_3.jpg

whip_4.jpg

whip_5.jpg

whip_6.jpg

whip_7.jpg

whip_8.jpg

whip_9.jpg

CRH

Call Me a Cab
buler said:
...Plus someone had the brim spade and neutered... the binding has been trimmed off. But it was done pretty well and looks very nice as a raw edge brim. ...

No doubt. The question is weather the surgery was done at the factory or not.

Special order? Trimmed at sale?

Wonderful specimen, buler. :eusa_clap

GWD

One Too Many
buler said:
Couldn't leave this stray whimpering in the antique mall even though its a tiny size. Almost unworn condition except for some wear to the color on the reed cover. Plus someone had the brim spade and neutered... the binding has been trimmed off. But it was done pretty well and looks very nice as a raw edge brim. The crown on this Whippet is really straight. Looks great with just a center crease and no pinch. The felt is thick and pliable. Just a notch below my 7X Clear Beaver Stetson.

B

whip_2_alt_2.jpg

Wider Ribbon and Different Bow Too! Great Looking Hat!

rlk

I'll Lock Up
GWD said:
Wider Ribbon and Different Bow Too! Great Looking Hat!
Yup, that Pup is a Mutt. After neutering a wider collar was applied but the end result is a nice looking hat, though at 6-7/8 a bit of a runt.

Florida_Marlin

One of the Regulars
Finally got a Whippet!

Thanks to JD Benson, a Whippet just re-located from Cincinatti to Florida. :D

Diamond
IMG_8577a.jpg

Center Dent
IMG_8578a.jpg

The Hat
IMG_8580a.jpg

IMG_8581a.jpg

IMG_8583a.jpg

WH1

Practically Family
Congratulations, a great hat and great buy. Could you also post a picture or two of the hat box that came with it, it sounds very interesting as well.
thank you

jdbenson

One of the Regulars
Sweet!

Looks great on you! I really like the Diamond bash! Please post some pics of the hat box...it was as pristine as the hat!

GWD - Do you wear a 7 1/4 as well? I'll keep an eye out for something for you if you want...

Florida_Marlin said:
Thanks to JD Benson, a Whippet just re-located from Cincinatti to Florida. :D

The Hat
IMG_8581a.jpg

buler

I'll Lock Up
Sweatband marking

This hat just finished on ebay. Don't think I've seen one marked on the sweatband before. Does anyone else have one with the Whippet mark on the sweat and not on the liner?

B

stetson_whippet_sweat_mark.jpg

CRH

Call Me a Cab
buler said:
This hat just finished on ebay. Don't think I've seen one marked on the sweatband before. Does anyone else have one with the Whippet mark on the sweat and not on the liner?

GWD has a green one... hint, hint. :D

Florida_Marlin

One of the Regulars
More pics and the box. The Whippet from Cincy

As requested, here are some pictures of the Stetson Box. Also, some additional pictures of the hat, showing the inside. This hat has a very soft, pliable felt that is easy to bash and re-bash! regards, Marlin
IMG_8584a.jpg

IMG_8585a.jpg

IMG_8587a.jpg

IMG_8591a.jpg

IMG_8592a.jpg

Salty O'Rourke

Practically Family
buler said:

B

stetson_whippet_sweat_mark.jpg

Canadian manufacture was my guess.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy