Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Autumnal Thoughts........

vintageTink

One Too Many
Spoken like one of James' converts. :p
The Anti-Autumnal Church of James. :LOL:

Actually, we both have SAD, and the rain/lack of sunshine is bad for my husband's AS.
I love the colored leaves and pumpkins though. And the warm drinks and filtered sunshine.
But there is no sunshine here. And we went to the pumpkin patch last year and came home with muddy clothes and the flu.

The Anti-Autumnal Church of James. :LOL:

Actually, we both have SAD, and the rain/lack of sunshine is bad for my husband's AS.
I love the colored leaves and pumpkins though. And the warm drinks and filtered sunshine.
But there is no sunshine here. And we went to the pumpkin patch last year and came home with muddy clothes and the flu.

The Evil Autumn Flu?! Oh no! Darn you Autumn!

No, celebrate... :p
You know, not everyone is living in Heat Mizer's Land, and there's a democratic right allowing us not to care about Grim Reaper that keeps appearing on our screens.
To tell you the truth:
In these past few weeks I've seen HIM so many times that, if he comes in person (to ehmm.. take me) - I'd simply offer him some tea and cookies. lol

Celebrate when spring and summer come back again you mean. Until then, you get Evil Autumn.

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
At this time of year, I tend to skip Autumn and fast forward right to Christmas.
Red table cloth on the dining room table, balsam and cedar yankee candle plug ins, and the first of November I put the Christmas trees up.
This year I intend to put my Firestone Christmas albums on CD.
In the past I'd celebrate fall with candy corn, but it's too high carb.
James you might have a point about Autumn.
Football games and chili suppers, raking leaves and carving pumpkins. :fear:

vintageTink

One Too Many
At this time of year, I tend to skip Autumn and fast forward right to Christmas.
Red table cloth on the dining room table, balsam and cedar yankee candle plug ins, and the first of November I put the Christmas trees up.
Sounds like a plan to me!
Except I like carving pumpkins. I'm going to try carving Disney characters this year.

Stray Cat

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I'm going to try carving Disney characters this year.
..and you WILL post it here? :nod:

Like these:

disney-pumpkin-carving-patterns-2.jpg

right? :D

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Notre Dame 37
Arizona State 34 :D
Mine (like today) would involve watching Premier League Soccer games, stacked up on my DVR.
Today it's Chelsea and Norwich City.
I'm one of those quirky Americans that took to Soccer as a kid, instead of Baseball or Football. :p

Except for the chili, you've just listed many of the things I dislike about this time of year. Christmas? Except for spending time and sharing a meal or two with people I care about, I couldn't care less. We don't have any children, so there's no need for decorations. Christmas music is only marginally less annoying than a root canal, one of the few exceptions being Thurl Ravenscroft's rendition of "You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch". And my wife and I have zero interest in football; if we're watching the Stupor Bowl it's either for the commercials, or because we've got a few bucks in a pool somewhere (or, as my brother called it, our "contribution to someone else's happiness").

So, yeah, those are some of my autumnal thoughts. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats