Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Autumnal Thoughts........

You know the weather's changing when you have to wear socks to bed...

I have to wear socks to bed in summer, in addition to a thick down comforter. And I'm still freezing. My wife apparently is on the verge of spontaneous human combustion at every moment. And it's gotten worse now that she's "of a certain age". It'll be 40 degrees and she's lying on top the covers with a fan on griping about how hot it is.

Oh but what if you make it with bacon?
Then it would be the right way.
Good point Hudson, but we decided on the pinto beans because they are lower than anything else we could find at the time.
Still very good though.

Enjoying the Autumn temps, but not the leaves starting to fall.
If only I had enough glue to keep them up there.
However, I do have an idea to one day get movie prop trees.
Then you don't water them, or rake the leaves.
Bacon is a prerequisite. :p Enjoying the temperatures?! Something wrong with you! :doh:

I have to wear socks to bed in summer, in addition to a thick down comforter. And I'm still freezing. My wife apparently is on the verge of spontaneous human combustion at every moment. And it's gotten worse now that she's "of a certain age". It'll be 40 degrees and she's lying on top the covers with a fan on griping about how hot it is.
Oh geez, I don't envy you.

It's the exact opposite in our house. During the summer I soak the sheets with sweat while my wife lays bundled under all of the covers shivering. That "certain age" thing didn't help her much in that regard, but I didn't mind when she'd start stripping off her clothes during one of her "personal heat wave" moments. :D

vintageTink

One Too Many
Or you start using your husband's legs as your own, personal foot warmers. :whistle:
I could but mine complains that my legs and rump are cold. Der, that's why I'm using YOU as my heater!

It's the exact opposite in our house. During the summer I soak the sheets with sweat while my wife lays bundled under all of the covers shivering. That "certain age" thing didn't help her much in that regard, but I didn't mind when she'd start stripping off her clothes during one of her "personal heat wave" moments. :D
"We enjoyed ourselves but the church said we couldn't come back."

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Bacon is a prerequisite. :p Enjoying the temperatures?! Something wrong with you! :doh:
Yes, because I don't have to run the ac or the furnace.
I turn on a space heater to chase the chill out of a room if I need to, but otherwise the temps are great.
At the beginning of summer, my drivers usually say "my air doesn't work it's hot."
Now I guarantee in the next week I'll hear, "my heater doesn't work" or "my heater works only on one side (Chrysler)."
Job security.

Socks to bed...
I do that, only because I tend to pull the covers in an attempt to keep warm.
If I pull the covers out, and feel the end of them, I can't sleep.
With socks, I don't feel that, and sleep very well.

Yes, because I don't have to run the ac or the furnace.
I turn on a space heater to chase the chill out of a room if I need to, but otherwise the temps are great.
At the beginning of summer, my drivers usually say "my air doesn't work it's hot."
Now I guarantee in the next week I'll hear, "my heater doesn't work" or "my heater works only on one side (Chrysler)."
Job security.

Socks to bed...
I do that, only because I tend to pull the covers in an attempt to keep warm.
If I pull the covers out, and feel the end of them, I can't sleep.
With socks, I don't feel that, and sleep very well.

Ok, so it is a tightwad thing. :p
Ah yes, government cars. My father worked for the Feds for 35 years and the cars sucked for all 35 years. lol lol He even had an electric truck for a while in the 80s. Boy that was great for about 20 miles. lol lol
I wear socks all year round too. I am cold all year round here anyway. :rolleyes:

Stray Cat

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I haven't been here a while.
Let me take a look around.
OK, still munching up bacon on this thread? :p

love+autumn.jpg

:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
islamicjankari