Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Autumnal Thoughts........

vintageTink

One Too Many
Love cats but I'm allergic. :(

Husband's dog will wear a costume. We do have a Mickey Mouse costume that just velcros to his back.
And I call him husband's dog because he only tolerates me and the boys. You look at him and can tell he thinks he should be first in husband's life. He ignores any commands I give him. He follows him around and gets underfoot.
He whines, yelps, yips, and howls. And he's a sheltie mix.

Love cats but I'm allergic. :(

Husband's dog will wear a costume. We do have a Mickey Mouse costume that just velcros to his back.
And I call him husband's dog because he only tolerates me and the boys. You look at him and can tell he thinks he should be first in husband's life. He ignores any commands I give him. He follows him around and gets underfoot.
He whines, yelps, yips, and howls. And he's a sheltie mix.

My wife is allergic too so my two cats stay outside or in the garage. Now that I think about it, TC is 12 years old now! I have never had a cat quite so long---in fact, that was my first cat. I am more of a dog person but a cat had kittens in our backyard so.......
I suppose Zeus is more mine and the boys' dog than my wife's. :p

Principe Luis is an indoor cat though sometimes when he gets outside he'll run off when I try to grab him but then an hour later he's at the front door wanting to be let in.
They come back. I lost TC for a whole year when I moved. Then the neighbor up the street from me called me when TC's collar fell off. He couldn't get close enough to her to get the telephone number on her tag. I kept her inside for a month after that until she could get used to the area. Then she was fine and stayed close. She just got lost before. Well, I didn't have to feed her for a year anyway. :p

sheeplady

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Blackie is really trusting too. :doh:

:( They say that black cats are the most affectionate. I know that's probably an old wives tale but they're never been a black cat I've known who wasn't friendly. (If, of course, the cat was domesticated and not feral.)

I love black cats with green eyes.
Is it because people are stupid and try to sacrifice them?

Yeah. That or torture them. :( Actually, I wouldn't recommend anyone let their cat out around Halloween because some people are evil idiots. The chances of it happening are really really small, but if it happened it would be bad. Besides that, there's always lots of traffic around Halloween where I live.

Formeruser012523

Call Me a Cab
funny-cat-fighting-Halloween-decorations.jpg

Outside kitty should be fine.
The dog is a wiener and I doubt would do anything to a cat. He yelps and runs away when chihuahuas bark at him; we should change his name to King Arthur.

Outdoor cat is fine for my wife as well.
However, Zeus is aptly named. He wants to play with the cat but the cat isn't interested in being mauled by the dog. :p It wasn't so bad when he was a puppy but now he is far too big for that stuff. :eusa_doh: He does do a good job of keep the infernal raccoons out of the yard too. They won't mess with him. :p

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Mine like squirrels.
Of course the thrill is over in about 5 seconds, as the squirrel crosses the cable line or fence, well above both of my girls.
Mine know about cats, but don't see them very often.
And when they do, they are always supervised, because both of my girls can easily jump a 4ft fence.
It's more curiosity than anything with them, but should one jump the other one is right behind her.
I can't try to catch 2 fast dogs in hot pursuit, so it's best to keep that from happening in the first place.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot