Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Autumnal Thoughts........

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Woke up this morning to temps in the low 30's with the streets and lawns covered with frost. I'm not gonna say that I didn't love it, but "Autumn" in the North East is becoming almost non existant. We literally go from Summer to Winter. Just 8 days ago we had temps in the low 80's and I had my air conditioner on.
The past 2 years also had major weather events at the end of October that (IMO) shifted the entire course of the seasons.
I hope the remainder of this Season behaves appropriately!

Woke up this morning to temps in the low 30's with the streets and lawns covered with frost. I'm not gonna say that I didn't love it, but "Autumn" in the North East is becoming almost non existant. We literally go from Summer to Winter. Just 8 days ago we had temps in the low 80's and I had my air conditioner on.
The past 2 years also had major weather events at the end of October that (IMO) shifted the entire course of the seasons.
I hope the remainder of this Season behaves appropriately!

It won't. Evil Autumn does as it pleases.

Last night I was taking a nap on the sofa in the living room and the next moment I felt this thud on my chest and I opened my eyes to see Principe Luis's face staring at me...
The first cat my wife and I adopted after we got married was a male orange tabby that we named Junior. He was so tiny when we first brought him home that you could hold him in the palm of your hand comfortably. On his second night with us I was laying on the floor in the front room watching tv when little Junior came in. He immediately ran to me and climbed up onto my stomach, an act that took several seconds because of his size. Once he had finished the climb he looked me straight in the eyes, stalked slowly towards my face like a jungle cat on the prowl, paused a couple of inches in front of my nose still staring at me...then head-butted me. It turned out that this was one of the ways he would show affection, but at the time my wife and I thought it was hysterical because he was so tiny. He eventually grew to a muscular 20 lbs., and lived to be 18 years old.

Down south we get a lot of meat from trees too. Squirrels, racoons, possums........

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

That is sort of an ancillary benefit. Squirrels, raccoon and possums don't grow on trees. :p I would never eat any one of those unless I was desperate anyway. The raccoons try to steal the cat's food on my porch at night. If I wanted raccoon, I could get five of them real quick without a single tree involved. :p

vintageTink

One Too Many
Down south we get a lot of meat from trees too. Squirrels, racoons, possums........

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

A fruit tree does that AND it gives you fruit. Trash trees better do something because all they do that is perceptible is drop leaves and branches.

If'n they don't provide something, no use to me. If I just want to stare at something purity I can watch "300". :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR