Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Autumnal Thoughts........

Weston

A-List Customer
I took my Zyrtec at 11 a.m. and it is nearing 2 p.m. I'm still sneezing and feel miserable, and am taking the afternoon off from work. Sigh...

Autumn, please, please come soon!!!

Zyrtec is very effective, but look for it's generic equivalent: Cetirizine Hydrochloride. On Amazon.com you can usually buy a 90 day supply for right at $6.20 delivered. I'm still using last summer's bottle.

Don't get taken in on the marketing, the generics do the job and are the same medicine.

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
If the Zyrtec kicked in, it was a good six hours after I took it - which really isn't effective when you're miserable and need relief sooner rather than later. :) I was so desperate for relief that I called my pharmacist and asked if I could take something else. Unfortunately, no. She said that since I took the 24 hour zyrtec, I had to wait 24 hours to take any other antihistamine. So I just went home and went to bed.

I tried Claritin D and it made my heart palpitate, so won't be taking that again. May just have to stick with the generic, old-fashioned antihistamine that knocks me out and just stay home from work for a few days. *grin*

If the Zyrtec kicked in, it was a good six hours after I took it - which really isn't effective when you're miserable and need relief sooner rather than later. :) I was so desperate for relief that I called my pharmacist and asked if I could take something else. Unfortunately, no. She said that since I took the 24 hour zyrtec, I had to wait 24 hours to take any other antihistamine. So I just went home and went to bed.

I tried Claritin D and it made my heart palpitate, so won't be taking that again. May just have to stick with the generic, old-fashioned antihistamine that knocks me out and just stay home from work for a few days. *grin*

I use the Zyrtec-D medicine not the regular stuff. I get relief within the hour but it is a 12 hour medicine. Works great for the whole family. :D

The Savoy Hotel Orpheans -- A Faded Summer Love (1931)

[video=youtube;AsSLYLa0zds]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsSLYLa0zds[/video]

Leaves come tumbling down
Round my head
Some of them are brown
Some are red
Beautiful to see
But reminding me
Of a faded summer love

Swaying high above in the trees
They were so in love
With the breeze
Now the autumn wind
Brings them to the end
Of a faded summer love

I'm like the poor leaf
That swayed with the breeze
I thought that life was sweet
You are the sweet breeze
That tried hard to please
Then swept me off my feet

Summer morning dew
Turns to frost
Leaves that once were new
Pay the cost
Beautiful to see
But reminding me
Of a faded summer love

Last edited:

skyvue

Call Me a Cab
We've added a few dozen autumn-themed songs to the Cladrite Radio playlist, so those in an autumn frame of mind might enjoy listening.

You're in the mood for multiple versions of "Shine on Harvest Moon"? We've got you covered (but don't worry, you won't hear it more often than once every ninety minutes or so).

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
Getting impatient for the first frost. Allergies are still bothering me, though not as bad. And we reached 102 degrees on Tuesday. ARGH!

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Still waiting here too! The humidity has been awful, and allergies are making the entire family miserable.
I have been looking through my wardrobe however, getting ready to break out the "good" stuff!

m0nk

One Too Many
Still waiting here too! The humidity has been awful, and allergies are making the entire family miserable.
I have been looking through my wardrobe however, getting ready to break out the "good" stuff!
We have the same issue with humidity and allergies here in PA, though I'm already wearing my felt hats. The temps seem to swing from high 60's to mid 80's.

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
We were in the 90s yesterday and will probably hit 90 again today. I hate September because I expect it to be cooler but it's not comfortable until mid-September, at the earliest.

skyvue

Call Me a Cab
I'll trade you. It is 55 and hazy. This stinks.

Sounds great to me. That's weather that allows me to start wearing the clothes I prefer. Though we've had a decent week here in NYC, I'm still wearing summer suits and straw hats. Though I did wear a felt hat for a day or two this week, I can't wait to start wearing some wool.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy