Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Autumnal Thoughts........

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The 7 day forecast is showing some considerably lower temps. If this continues, perhaps we will have a cool September which means the beginning of a proper Autumn!

Summer,winter,spring or fall,I am just happy to be healthy at 60 years old,I tolerate the hot summers,I do enjoy those gray days of late fall(great for B&W photography),winter last year,well we really didn`t have one on Staten Island NY,I guess life is to short to be waiting for weather changes.

flat-top

Looks like the Summer temps are back for next week, which is great because we actually have some outdoor activities planned, but I am really hoping for the gradual cool down come September!

flat-top

Did you look at the Farmers Almanac for their forcast?

Hmm......I can live with this:

"SEPTEMBER 2012: temperature 65.5° (1.5° below avg.); precipitation 2" (1.5" below avg.); Sep 1-7: T-storms, then sunny, cool; Sep 8-13: Showers, then sunny, warm; Sep 14-20: Showers, then sunny, cool; Sep 21-25: T-storms, then sunny, cool; Sep 26-28: Sunny, warm; Sep 29-30: Showers, cool."

sheeplady

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
This summer has been far too hot, although I'm trying to get my fall wardrobe ready, so perhaps it will stay mildly warm for a while until I can.

I am in beautiful Rockland County, just north of NYC

One of my best friends (we call each other "sisters") is a teacher in Rockland County, at the local public school for special needs children. She also says it is gorgeous, although expensive.

flat-top

Oh,good old Rockland County,my grandfather hunted up there in the 1930`s....I guess now it is quite populated.

My grandfather as well used to come up here to hunt and fish before it was populated. Even when I was kid in the 70's and 80's driving up here to visit my aunts was "going to the country" even though it was less than a 30 minute drive from The Bronx where I was born and raised.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred