Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Autumnal Thoughts........

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
Took two of my granddaughters Trick or Treating this evening. Things have changed a lot since I was a kid going out in South Gate in the '60s and early '70s. Being in a rural area now we have to find a bit of neighborhood to crash. There are a few that get hit with all of the county kids each year. They limit the time you can be out Trick or Treating to an hour and a half, with the goal apparently being to be finished by the time it gets dark. As a kid in Southern California we didn't start until it got dark, and didn't go home until every last house for blocks around was out of candy. And usually here in Scioto County (Home of "Hillbilly Heroin!") the Trick or Treating is done on a night not the 31st, usually a couple of days before. Why it was OK to go out on the actual day this year is behond me.

To make matters worse, just as we left the first house a storm let loose on us, so the girls were doing their thing in the rain. I have to say they earned their candy haul tonight!!! I don't recall it ever raining on us when I was a kid in So Cal, but I'm sure it must have done at least once.

But somehow... they managed to have a blast!!! :D

Cheers,
Tom

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I know I'm not the only one thinking about the Fall out there........

vintage_autumn.gif

skyvue

Call Me a Cab

You most certainly are not. I can't wait. I'm relieved to see a fairly reasonable predicted high of 79 degrees for Sunday's Jazz Age Lawn Party on Governor's Island, but oh, how I wish it were going to be 20 degrees cooler than that!

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
We've had what I would consider a "normal" Summer in NY this year, so I'm hoping that we will experience some normal seasonal changes as well. Last year was derailed by that ridiculous October blizzard, which in my opinion ruined both Fall AND Winter.

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
I am SO excited today as we have temps in the low 70s. I got out of the office to go get my lunch and the breezes were glorious. I cannot WAIT for autumn! The drought has been bad here this year - but it's worse in my hometown. My dad said today that our county is in the worst drought category there is. :(

We've had what I would consider a "normal" Summer in NY this year, so I'm hoping that we will experience some normal seasonal changes as well. Last year was derailed by that ridiculous October blizzard, which in my opinion ruined both Fall AND Winter.

Snowmageddon. I can see it now.:eeek::eusa_doh: Be careful what you wish for. You might just get more of it than you want. :eeek:

kaiser

A-List Customer
We had 7°C on Tuesday morning on the home thermometer with mist in a couple of the valleys. To me always a sign in August that Fall is not all that far away.

Steven180

One of the Regulars

I'll third that, you are not alone.

Quite anxious for the temps to fall, the cool breezes to start, and the leaves to turn. The best season of the year and fall precedes my favorite time - the holidays!

Regards,
M.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred