Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Autumnal Thoughts........

I'm convinced our weather people keep lying to us just to keep our hopes up. It's always next weekend rain, or it'll be in the 80's, or a cold front will blow through. Nope.

:mmph:
If everyone else was as wrong on a regular basis as often as weather people, none of us would be able to keep our jobs longer than a week. But they're granted a lot of leeway simply because meteorology isn't an exact science yet. :mmph:

If everyone else was as wrong on a regular basis as often as weather people, none of us would be able to keep our jobs longer than a week. But they're granted a lot of leeway simply because meteorology isn't an exact science yet. :mmph:

I work in finance and a running joke is that the only people who make weather people look good at predicting are economists.

Formeruser012523

Call Me a Cab

Eh. LIES!! I just want Fall & need somebody to blame.

I work in finance and a running joke is that the only people who make weather people look good at predicting are economists.

lol

These trees are in a nearby park and have changed early. Most trees in the local area are similar to the background trees in this photo.

The trees here are still green. They'll finally turn sometime next month & drop all in the span of a week. :p

fb9bd3cfe77cdccb9dcdb20d3762655c.jpg

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Spiced Pumpkin Margarita
Ingredients
•Ice
•1.5 oz. Partida Blanco Tequila,
•0.5 oz. Pumpkin Spice Syrup
•2 oz. Agave Nectar
•0.5 oz. fresh squeezed lime juice

Instructions
1.Add ice, tequila, pumpkin spice syrup, agave nectar, and lime juice.
2.Cover and shake intensely to mix.

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
Well, it's 98 brutal degrees here in NY today, and we're supposedly getting more of the same tomorrow. This type of weather always gets me thinking about(and longing for) FALL! I love the fall for so many reasons: The foliage (obviously), the first chilly nights and crisp mornings. Being able to wear my "good"(read: wool/ gab) clothes! Getting home from work at 5:30 and it's already dark. New fall TV shows. Halloween! Oh I can go on forever!
Anyone else feel the same way?
flat-top

yes....so I can wear my “bomber" jacket. :D

navdv.png

swanson_eyes

Practically Family
I've been shopping for tights. I was researching and found late '30s ads for tights you were supposed to wear under pantyhose. I don't even....

Wally_Hood

One Too Many
Autumn? It's been crazy in the 90's here in southern California (it's October, f'cryin'outloud). It's short sleeves all week long, and then it's still miserable hot and sticky. I used to live in Lake Tahoe (last millennium) and we had seasons then...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy