Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Avalos suit.

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
I had My new tailor in Long beach make me a suit, I have the vest and pants and will be getting the jacket Tuesday.

Jorge Avalos is known for making suits for musicians, he studies the old techniques and talks to alot of the old Hollywood tailors.

The jacket is skeleton lined. He is taking in the jacket right now because I lost weight.

I invited him to join us for dinner tuesday, so if you have suit questions bring 'em.

He coppied the brown suit in the pic and so far it is the best fitting suit I have ever worn. I will post real pics when I can.

model184.jpg

Kentucky Blues

A-List Customer
You shoulda had him make the blue one. I don't know which would look better on you, but I Think the blue one just looks cooler. Can't wait for the pics :D

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
Takes about a month to make a suit.
The next one can be double breasted with the machine edge stitch. The vest and pants which i am wearing right now fit to perfection, they are so comfortable. He makes it completely like a vintage suit the button holes are hand stitched, the lapels are stitched and not glued like some modern suits. The armholes are small on the jacket so it won't feel like a straight jacket when you move around... it is comfortable!

Kilgour Trout

One of the Regulars
Any Progress?

Hey Matt: Its been a little while since you posted on the suit. Have you had any feedback or any fittings? You're definitely going to have to post some pics when its been delivered.

Many Salutation
Kilgour Trout

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
I wore the suit to the Queen Mary last weekend and so far all the feedback I have gotten is good.

What did you guys who were on the QM think?

I will post pics this weekend. The suit looks like it was made for me and Jorge did a good job.

I also have to post pics of my new Tobacco Optimo.

Nathan Flowers

Head Bartender
Staff member
I am looking forward to seeing this suit.

I've already converted my Hat Fund?¢‚Äû¬¢ into a Suit Fund?¢‚Äû¬¢ in anticipation of getting one myself.

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
The suit is a bit big on me now, It kept getting taken in while it was being made because I have been losing weight.

I popped some stitches on the lining trying to get my arms throgh the smaller arm holes (used to putting both arms in at once), though when the jacket is on it feels more like wearing a sweater because of the fit.

The whole suit needs to be taken in again because I'm shrinking.

What do you think?

With the vest
b1-vi.jpg
b2-vi.jpg

Without the vest.
b3-vi.jpg
b4-vi.jpg

Smaller armholes for maneuverability
b5-vi.jpg

Skeleton lined
b6-vi.jpg

Nathan Flowers

Head Bartender
Staff member
That's it

I'm going to get one. It's going to take a while to save, but I have to have one. Thanks for taking the initial plunge. It looks absolutely vintage. Wonderful suit.

Bogie1943

Practically Family
Wowsa, your tailor did a wonderful job, you may have to slid me some contact info on this fella, I have a few ideas he may be able to bring to life for me. Great looking suit, I have always considered three piece suits my big favs.:cool2:

rayk

Familiar Face
Great choice in a suit. By the way, what are you wearing on your feet? The pic doesn't show them very well, but the patina of the brown leather looks super.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo