Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

B-17G Flying Fortress “Aluminum Overcast.”

Hondo

One Too Many
Sorry for the late news, its a rare treat to have two types of B17's in one month, The Nine-O-Nine on Memorial Day weekend, plus this Aluminum Overcast this weekend, if your in the neck of the woods, meaning in Sacramento,CA at Mather, come on out and see these birds, else check the link below for date, time and place near you:)

Beautifully restored B-17G Flying Fortress “Aluminum Overcast.” This aircraft is an example of the American heavy bomber that helped turn the tide of battle in World War II. Fly a mission back in time and feel the might of this magnificent aircraft, just as those brave young men did more than 50 years ago.

http://b17.org/

SpitfireXIV

One of the Regulars
oh i am so happy to hear that "Aluminum Overcast" is back and flying! a pal sent me the footage of its crash a few years ago and i couldn't bear to watch...

Hondo

One Too Many
She crashed :eek:
How long ago? she looks great today :)

BTW: Wingnut? Whats the little gray haired ladies name? she said to say hello, ask if you were coming [huh]

954outcast.jpg

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ormbingley