Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Back to the Felt

photobyalan

A-List Customer
Well, here it is June, and we're having a Nor'easter here in the NY area. Temp 59 degrees and raining. I've been wearing the Panama for a good solid two weeks now, but today I'm going back to the felt.

Is it true that you folks in San Diego actually get bored with the nice weather?

Feraud

Bartender
This morning is a trench coat and brown fedora kind of day for me.
When is this weather supposed to lighten up? I am on the lookout for a Summer straw.

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
We're in the same situation up here. I haven't worn my Panama yet this season and I am looking forward to doing so, but the weather must be consistently above 60 degrees.

Magus

Practically Family
photobyalan said:
Well, here it is June, and we're having a Nor'easter here in the NY area. Temp 59 degrees and raining. I've been wearing the Panama for a good solid two weeks now, but today I'm going back to the felt.

Is it true that you folks in San Diego actually get bored with the nice weather?

We are an hour north of SD. Don't believe the rumors of constant perfect weather...lol. Its myth. Rain, fog, wind, heat humidity, hail all happen here as well, though not to the extent as other areas of the country to be sure. June Gloom is in effect now So its slightly chilly 63 and very overcast in the morning, then this afternoon it will reach into the 90's or better. While neither of those temps are drastic in themselves...a 30 degree change from very overcast to bright sun can be anoying when dressing for the day. Ok...I figure that the "cyber stones" will be thrown shortly from REALLY harsh weather areas....getting out my protective gear. lol

M

ortega76

Practically Family
You want annoying weather? The midwest takes the prize. Humidity here is a killer in the summer, making even yesterday's relatively pleasant temps very uncomfortable. The winter replaces humidity with howling winds. With no mountains, it whips through the area from November to March.

Siirous

One of the Regulars
In Orlando, the weather lady said that the cold fronts coming through would drop us below 90 degrees. Early June and it's already hitting high numbers[huh] . July and August are the worst. The best times of the year are October and Late April/Early May. Perfect beach weather.

Pilgrim

One Too Many
It has been in the 90's for almost a week now in northern Colorado, with another week of the same forecast. Average highs are in the high 70's for this time of year - go figure! I heard the weatherman say yesterday that we were about 10% humidity, so that's certainly not bad (if you're not a plant).

Definitely straw weather, so I'm wearing mine - although I'm frustrated because I have three newly blocked hats but can't wear them till my birthday this Sunday.

johnnycanuck

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I have my two summer hats by the door. A Biltmore Panama and a Akubra Military. I check the weather on line in the morning and choose what one to put on that day. Last week it was about 32 so I wore my panama, this week its about 19 and raining so its back to the Military. Just like anything else in life I take it day by day.
Johnny

gekisai29

One of the Regulars
its still raining & cool in the big apple. i wish i had worn one of my fur felts ... but with the forecast there's always tomorrow

SteaminPete

Familiar Face
Wore my Panama three times in the last three weeks,
we get a touch of nice weather then we are pelted
with heavy rain for days on end.
Not as bad out here as it is near Boston.
Great for ducks and frogs but not for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR