Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Beauty Bargains

Jenautica

Familiar Face
I'm having really good luck with the Sally's generic Biolage shampoo/moisturizing balm. It doesn't smell as good as the real deal, but works just as well. I paid $5.99 versus $16 for the name brand.

Johnson's head to toe wash works great as a gentle face cleanser, bubble bath, and brush cleaner. If you get the Target knock off version for $1.99, you're getting 3-4 products for super cheap.:p

Avalon

A-List Customer
anabolina said:
Has anyone on here tried the NYC (New York Color) nail polishes.

I love the entire NYC Color cosmetics line. Lipsticks, nail polish, everything. It's super cheap and the quality is excellent. :D

Lulu-in-Ny

A-List Customer
Wow... I had no idea that Urban Decay still existed. I remember them fondly from the Old Goth Days. We loved it because it was basically made for the freaks and weirdos.:p Their tag line when they came out was "Does Pink Makes You Puke?" Seems like things have changed a little. Still, some nice stuff, though.

Caroline

One of the Regulars
Lulu-in-Ny said:
Wow... I had no idea that Urban Decay still existed. I remember them fondly from the Old Goth Days. We loved it because it was basically made for the freaks and weirdos.:p Their tag line when they came out was "Does Pink Makes You Puke?" Seems like things have changed a little. Still, some nice stuff, though.

My girlfriend likes them, so I've bought their stuff over the last few years. They seem to disrespect everyone now, not just the "pink" crowd. I think they had a nail polish color called "trailer trash". But the products are good and the prices are right at 50% off!

Audrey Horne

Practically Family
Urban Decay: They're mostly not part of the sale, but I love their eyeshadows. They have some great colors, they're super blendable and smooth, and they last all day. Just be careful of the ones with glitter...the fallout is awful.

Another (small) deal: Benefit free shipping with $25 purchase today only. Enter promo code NOFOOLIN

anabolina

A-List Customer
My recent fav cheapie is Ultrabrite Advanced Whitening. It's like $1.50-$2.00 depending on where you buy it and it really whitens and makes your mouth feel all clean. I found it in June and used it until July and ran out at the beginning of August and have been using that nighttime Crest and while its okay, it's very mediocre and cost more than twice as much. I'd never have tried the Ultrabrite brand if I hadn't sort of been running late one morning and literally forgot to brush my teeth and hurried to work and was horribly aware of the breath thing and poping mints from the purse and as soon as lunch came, I walked to CVS (thankfully working downtown at the time) and had only a few dollars in my pocket and just wanted something for that day. This was a really happy circumstance because it didn't make my teeth more sensitive and they were noticably whiter in pictures.

ETA: I don't remember if I mentioned this earlier, but searching the thread, I came up with no results, so the NYC Lengthening Mascara is awesome. It's the best natural mascara that makes my blonde lashes look full, long, and visible. My only problem with it is that like most mascaras, it smudges under my eyes. I recommend it anyway because it's awesome, costs less than $2 and I got it on the recommendation of a couple of friends and it does not smudge on them. It's certainly worth the cost if you want to try it out. I still break it out when i just need the wear makeup for an hour or two since it only smudges after than time.

LelaViavonie

Practically Family
desi_de_lu_lu said:
I bought this bottle of "Gelous Advanced Nail Gel Coat" from Sally's Beauty Supply.

If you have ever had acrylics taken off, or have thin brittle nails, this is the nail polish for you. Can be used as top coat or base coat or both.

2 coats later your nails are as hard as glass.
3 coats later you can deflect speeding bullets
4 coats later and you can chip diamonds.

Seriously, get it. It is the hardest nail hardener on the market and it has moisturizing properties.

It is only $4.99

Oh I think I bought this.. Does it come in a clear bottle with a green cap?

If we are talking ab out the same thing.. I AGREE.. HARD as heck!
I love that stuff!

Ashes Of Roses

New in Town
These might have been mentioned, but some of my favorite beauty bargains include Ecotools brushes (found at Target) that are cheap (my big powder brush was $6.99) and so soft! works great, with a nice bamboo handle.

I also like NYC liquid eyeliner in jet black.

Rimmel lipliners work great too, don't know why you'd need anything more expensive--they are so creamy. I like Wild Clover for a pinky-nude lipliner.

LelaViavonie

Practically Family
It was so exciting because I went to Target today on my lunch hour and I have been noticing more and more european lines there!

I walked around the corner.. low and behold.. I found the Weleda line :)

They have samples of the face cream for 89 Cents.. and the face cream its self is like 8 or 9 bucks.

Then.. I ran into Pixie... someone had posted about the line and whaaala... they are in Target!

I just had to share my excitment!

Odalisque

A-List Customer
I know Burt's Bees has been mentioned before but...
157_xl_v3.jpg

I love the Pomegranate Replenishing Lip Balm! It smells like heaven to me and gives my lips a lovely flushed look.

KatNoir

New in Town
Very nice...

fortworthgal said:
200.jpg

Queen Helene Mint Julep mask, $4 at most stores. This is a miracle mask, and generally the only one I use. It is dirt cheap and it works. It isn't uncomfortable, it smells nice, and it really cleans your skin, shrinks pores, and just feels great. Great for acne. It is also a 1930s product. This is, by far, the best mask I have ever used. I also love the Queen Helene mud mask, more gentle but still very cleansing and a nice scent - the packaging is brown and it runs about the same price.

B0001VKWEC.01-A3EVWIEDD3GII2._AA280_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Burt's Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle cream, $5 at most stores or online. Very nice hydrating cuticle cream for a good price. Pleasant lemony scent and the tin lasts a loooong time. I use this in the mornings after I apply my Nivea hand cream. Apply a dab to each cuticle, massage it in, and let it soak in while I drive to work.

I've used the Mint Julep Mask and it is wonderful!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner