Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Before and After?

Lareesie Ladavi

One of the Regulars
MissHannah said:
Before....
BIGHAIRJune08.jpg

After down-do...
Hair150608A.jpg

After faux bangs...
Hair110808C.jpg

After updo...
281008A.jpg

Oh and curly...
Hair230308A.jpg

MissHannah,
I loves it...I loves it! I love your style! You're beautiful! I also love the red plaid jacket..I have one similar. ;)

Mary

Practically Family
Miss Hannah. You look amazing!! You're very talented!

I try to look but what is your haircut like? Are there any layers? Or maybe it's just that you know how to do those lovely up-dos. Have you posted tutorials somewhere?!
M

MissHannah

One Too Many
I actually haven't had my hair cut in about 18 months so any variations in length are caused by the hair breaking off!! I was growing out bangs so there is a big chunk of hair that is about mouth length too. Everything I know about hair I learnt from the ladies on here! I use a combination of pin curls, heated rollers and a curling iron. I have to confess I've never really mastered rolls so I just pin the sides up in a kind of faux roll that gives a similar shape.

Oh and thank you everybody *blushes*

Real Swell Gal

One of the Regulars
Yep Miss Hannah that color is good for your skin tone.
I tried red once and it made me look like a clown and my dad about had a stroke. I get my dark hair from him and I think he took it as an insult.
I've never dared to go blonde.
Gentlemen may prefer blondes but luckily all the important fellas in my life prefer brunnies!
And thanks everyone for the ego boost! You all are so sweet. Really!

sweatyspaghetti

Familiar Face
mkayy.
Before

b3k4t0.jpg

and after.

dq0pvr.jpg

i took out my septum and labret for the "after" one because my septum aches when i have such a giant ring,and my labret stud broke in half because of those damn acrylic post's.

oii,my boyfriend thinks i look better without make-up. whats his deal?

MissHannah

One Too Many
Vanessa said:
Please do tell us about the faux bangs.

I know others have posted faux bangs tutorials here before but I do mine slightly differently. I set the front in small rollers (about 10mm diameter) overnight - usually 4 (2 rows of 2), rolled under and forwards - and then brush out and shape with a small round brush in the morning. Because I have a really high hairline I can't pin the faux bangs to anything underneath so I have to rely on a strong set and a ton of Tresemme Freeze Spray!

MissHannah

One Too Many
Hehehe!

Also, I don't think I have done it in any of those pictures but I sometimes 'top-up' the colour with a dark pink Dircetions or Crazy Colour semi-permanent colour.

Real Swell Gal

One of the Regulars
sweatyspaghetti said:
oii,my boyfriend thinks i look better without make-up. whats his deal?
You kinda remind me of the woman who played Tony Sopranos Russian girlfriend on The Sopranos. That's a compliment btw if you don't know who I'm talking about. I just don't know her name.
I think you could pull it off with or without makeup.

VintageRed

Familiar Face
B4 & After

Okay, I wanna play!

Here's Before:

n1059901857_259122_8842.jpg

And after: (Not quite as wild and unruly. LOL)

n1059901857_259118_3968.jpg

Sorry for the unsized pics...I grabbed them off my Facebook account and didn't get a chance to resize. I guess I need to get some vintage glasses now. My only complaint about those is that my eyes never pop like they should cuz they're stuck behind a frame. How do you all get such perfect definition on your eyelashes?! Mine look clumpy if I use too much mascara. /sigh

Whee!

~Danielle

VintageRed

Familiar Face
KittyT said:
Wow, VintageRed. You are so lucky to have so much natural volume and wave in your hair!

Awww, thank you! The only draw back is that my hair is super fine, so I try so hard to build it up into big luxurious victory rolls, only to have these little circlets with no oomph behind them. LOL. How funny is that?!

Perhaps I need to try harder. I'm still learning, so it certainly takes some practice. I'm having grand fun with it though. :D

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
Oh my, you all look beautiful both before and after - but I love a miraculous transformation! MaryDeluxe and Audrey Horne, you're both so sweet you give me a toothache just from looking at you :)
2355984302_d6190a66f8.jpg

ss, this picture is hypnotic. The eyeshadow brings out your gorgeous green eyes and I've never seen such plump, lush lips except for in drawings (the comic Wet Moon). Wow!
sweatyspaghetti said:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner