Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Belly up to the bar, I'm Buying!

Sergei

Gone Home
Lucky you! Us left coasters, are still 3 hours behind you. Don't you guys in Taxachussetts still have Sunday, "Blue Laws"? You probably need to get Ren's special NH moonshine. :) Make my moonshine, "stirred, not shaken". :)

Nathan Flowers

Head Bartender
Staff member
Here in my county in SC, we still have "blue laws", so selling alcohol is illegal unless you're in a private club. As this is a private club, I think I'll have a highball of Bushmills 16 year, neat.

Dalexs

Practically Family
Not only do we have Blue laws, but they are lousy Blue Laws at that. While some states can't sell before noon, or you can only by beer & wine in supermarkets... We have both plus!

No liquor sales on sundays, AND alcohol purchased from liquor stores ONLY!

Thank god for the lounge!

Dalexs

fedoralover

Call Me a Cab
blue laws make one blue

Hey Dalex, that will teach you for leaving good old Oregon. The only blue thing here is the economy, it's about as blue as something can be. But at least we can buy a beer whenever we want.

fedoralover

Dalexs

Practically Family
Fedoralover,

I have to admit, running down to the 711 on a sunday night and buying craft microbrew beer is the one thing I really miss about the pacific North Wet!

fedoralover

Call Me a Cab
DALEX,
I had the occasion to be in Boston over 25 years ago, but have never had the opportunity to go back. I would love the history of the place and the old buildings and such more now than then. Are you gone for good or might you be back someday?

fedoralover

Dalexs

Practically Family
At this point, we're here in Boston for the duration.
But who knows where the sands of time will take us in the future.

Bosotn is the only place my wife and I have ever really decided we wanted to settle down in so far. So, we'll see.

And as always, I have an open invitation to all passing thru town to get in touch so that I may offer up some yankee hospitality
(oops, I shouldn't say that too loud, the Red Sox just got into the wildcard slot for the playoffs...) :D

Ken

A-List Customer
Being a student at university, one is afforded the opportunity to sample many different beverages. The most potent of these I have ever had the 'pleasure' of sampling is Chartreuse. Has anyone else ever heard of this before?

Ken

PS - This drink Chartreuse was apparantly created by the Chartreuse monks - whats with monks inventing all these alcoholic drinks?!

Dalexs

Practically Family
Originally posted by Ken
The most potent of these I have ever had the 'pleasure' of sampling is Chartreuse. Has anyone else ever heard of this before?

Ken

Isn't that a COLOR, not a drink? I think those monks are in need of a little R&R.

Ken

A-List Customer
Originally posted by Dalexs
Isn't that a COLOR, not a drink? I think those monks are in need of a little R&R.

I dont know - it is actually known as "Green chartreuse" on the bottle (and funny enough, by its hue). Found this on the net about it:

Green Chartreuse
The Green Chartreuse is the only green liqueur in the world with a completely natural colour. It is powerful and different. Only three brothers know the names of the 130 plants and how to blend and to distill them. They are also the only ones who know which plants they have to macerate to produce the green and yellow colours. And they alone supervise the low aging in oak casks. The ingredients found in the Green Chartreuse are alcohol, sugar, 130 plants and flowers. Alcohol content : 55% (110?Ǭ? proof US)

verte_BOITE.JPG

Not for the faint hearted (or weak stomached) I warn you. ;)

Ken

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails