Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Belly up to the bar, I'm Buying!

kent

New in Town
Hello Hello

Mister Renderking Fisk pointed me towards this forum which seemed to be a place for me. Fedora lovers, and Indiana Jones fanatics, what isn't there to like here? This seemed to be the appropriate place for an intro. I guess I'll leave it as a brief intro, so I'll be around later

--Kent

MK

Founder
Staff member
Bartender
Welcome Kent. I looked at your web site. I agee you seem to fit in here. I hope you enjoy the place.

BTW: I loved in the panhandle when I was a kid and still have a lot of family there. ITG lives in the great state of Texas too. I guess that is why ITG stands for Indiana Texas Girl.

:fedora:

Pyroxene

One of the Regulars
Originally posted by Dalexs
Not only do we have Blue laws, but they are lousy Blue Laws at that. While some states can't sell before noon, or you can only by beer & wine in supermarkets... We have both plus!

No liquor sales on sundays, AND alcohol purchased from liquor stores ONLY!

Dalexs

Texas is exactly like that. You just learn to stock up. Then it's not a problem.

:D

Pyroxene

One of the Regulars
Of course we mustn't over look the flask.

The "bar in the pocket" is always a good friend. But, ONLY when you are not responsible for your own locomotion.

Pyroxene

One of the Regulars
Originally posted by Bogie1943
I will have a Hurricane please ...

Aw man! I never thought of that. Can you imagine chillin at Pat O'Brien's Bar in the 30's & 40's. Of course, during Prohibition you had to know the password, "Storm's Brewin." I doubt it if they served hurricanes back then.

Every time I walk down Burbon Street sober, I try to block out all the horrible odors and disgusting sights and imagine myself back in the 30's & 40's. I try to imagine what awesome conversations and amazing talent acts that must have occured there.

Cheers,
Pyro.

Bogie1943

Practically Family
Nope, it's an original of my own, just something I like to use in bars. You can use any of your favorite drinks with it though, whatever ya like.

Nathan Flowers

Head Bartender
Staff member
Originally posted by Bogie1943
I will have a Hurricane please and as soon as I take the last sip of that I want a Walnut Martini to appear without me noticing!:cool2:

Now that is smooth sounding.

I too would like to know what is in them. Walnut martini sounds interesting, even though I drink only once a month, and even that is only a glass of wine.

Pyroxene

One of the Regulars
Originally posted by MK
So...what are in those two drinks?
hurricane.JPG

In a 26 oz. Hurricane glass, mix
4 oz. of a good dark Rum (I personally like Southern Comfort)
4 oz. of Hurricane Mix (Pat O'Brien's has one or T.G.I. Friday has a good mix
Fill with crushed ice, and
Garnish with an orange and cherry, sit back and put on a good jazz CD.

Very Good.

I haven't had a Walnut Martini but I found what's in it.

WALNUT MARTINI: Vodka,Tuaca &Walnut Liqueur.

Minnesota_Jones

Familiar Face
I like Black Martini's - Absolut Currante (spelling) and a splash of Chambord. Served chilled. It's great.

Another awesome Flavored Martini is a Chocolate Martini - but you have to be at the right place that uses real chocolate - if they don't - it's crap.

Pyroxene

One of the Regulars
Originally posted by Minnesota_Jones
I like Black Martini's
Try some Blavod in your next drink. It's vodka only Black. Very Cool. I wouldn't drink it with that white dinner jacket, however. Just a thought but a piece of Dry Ice could make that a VERY cool Halloween Drink.

Originally posted by Minnesota_Jones
Another awesome Flavored Martini is a Chocolate Martini - but you have to be at the right place that uses real chocolate - if they don't - it's crap.

There is a very cool jazz club call Jim Cullum's Landing that sits right on the Riverwalk in San Antonio. They use Vodka, Creme de Caco & simple syurp. It's all clear liquids. They dust the outside of the martini glass with powered chocolate and put a Godiva chocolate candy at the bottom. It makes a great dessert.

kent

New in Town
I'm down in Bryan, TX. It's not too far out of the way for me, but I've never been too much on conventions. I'll probably be at the Texas Ren Faire a few times this month and next though.

Who is from around Texas and where abouts?

Originally posted by ITG
Kent, where in TX are you? Some of the Indyfans are getting together in Plano,TX for the Dallas Comicon in about 3 weeks.

www.scifiexpo.com

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo