Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best subforum to post store location questions?

BigBrother

One of the Regulars
I recently put up two separate posts here asking for vintage store recs for different cities (Palm Springs and Sacramento). Given they got no replies and that TFL is usually great for practically anything, I’m thinking they should go in a different subforum but I’m not exactly sure where. It’s not a completely general topic but it’s also not exactly attire-related either. Where would you post something like this? Thanks!

Edward

Bartender
I recently put up two separate posts here asking for vintage store recs for different cities (Palm Springs and Sacramento). Given they got no replies and that TFL is usually great for practically anything, I’m thinking they should go in a different subforum but I’m not exactly sure where. It’s not a completely general topic but it’s also not exactly attire-related either. Where would you post something like this? Thanks!

It can be difficult to find places for this now. Our period of interest in these parts is no longer mainstream-fashionable the way it once was fifteen or twenty years ago; this means a lot of places can't quite make the living from it they once did, while many vintage dealers have moved on and now sell Eighties pieces to kids born in the early 21st century. I was born in 1974. To my undergraduate class graduating next month, 1974 is as 1948 was to me. As well as dwindling demand, there's dwindling supply. Pre-war clothing especially is now at the point where it's changing hands for collector money, and there's precious little left that's still practically wearable on regular occasions. Decent repro is now the way forward for those of us for whom this is wardrobe rather than collecting.

Otherwise... if you're looking for specific items, it can be helpful to post in the respective sub-fora. More generally, maybe worth trying the Observation bar.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic