Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BK Durable "The Wild One" One Star Double Rider

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Aero's seem to age in a very distinctive way: the seal top coat rubs to a light base, and gives a nice finish.

Reactions: xmr

TREEMAN

Call Me a Cab

Plumbline

One Too Many
Aero Leather Clothing Company - Beacon, NY

The Aero Leather Clothing Company was founded c. 1937 by former Werber employees Abraham Wolkowitz and John Lieberman. They produced jackets at the former Paterson Overall Co. mill, located at 79 Ferry Street, Beacon, NY. Wolkowitz was born in Poland in 1900, and came over sometime before 1920. He was extremely active in Beacon's Jewish community- a window he donated to the BHA Sanctuary can be seen here. Into the 1940s, Wolkowitz roomed in a house at 56 Teller Ave, Beacon, NY with his younger brother, Ralph Wolkowitz (operator at Aero) and Abraham Kauffman (cutter at Aero) and his family.

Aero Leather Clothing Ltd (UK)

Incorporated in Aug. 1990

Not sure if Aero bought the name as the Original Firm ( Aero Leather Clothing Company - Beacon NY) had long since gone defunct.

Reactions: xmr

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
LC / Vanson version would actually be preferable because it's not made by an asshole company, and it's Vanson which immediately makes a superior jacket but I gotta hand it to BK, they got Strabler's jacket down to a tee. Like I already said, the only difference I can spot is that the movie version has sleeve zipper tape more exposed. That's about it.

What I'm trying to say here is, take J-24 - many members of this forum have one. Some are perfectly happy with the Schott / Legendary version, others wanted their jackets to be more historically accurate and went a little further by getting an Aero's J106, and finally you have people who and wanted a perfect, straight repro, which is why they dished out some serious money for a RMC or DD. Which is cool! So how is this any different?

I am absolutely in love with the fact that such a thing is possible. I may not be too keen on the idea of supporting this company but the fact remains that in all these years, nobody did a reproduction of the most famous movie jacket of all time. Nobody! You gotta appreciate just having this chance to own it. I want one. I will never be able to afford it and I don't think I would wear it either, but I want it. Unlined version, of course. Like in the movie! :D

Edward, it's not a limited edition, you can still order it exclusively through LC but... People haven't been all too happy with LC for some time now so God knows when and if you might get your jacket.
Just my personal opinion, the price may seem shocking at first and therefore those initial responses but there is no point in trying to justify the price of the jackets we own and love. An original is likely to cost a lot more which to some others is just a beaten old jacket. I think many sellers/makers understand this and price their item accordingly. I recently went to Tokyo and saw a Levi's type 1 jacket that is remade by patching different pieces of original type 1 jackets into one jacket and the price is almost 200,000 yen. My friend would have bought it if it was in his size (this being a one of a kind piece, so he can't get one in his size). He went on to buy the Kapital type 1 patchwork jacket which is "more reasonably" priced at 120,000 yen. Another friend had wanted to buy a leather vest from Shakedown Trading which costs over 200,000 yen. Good thing that it is a custom order only or he might have bought it right there and then. Well he ended up buying the leather Jerkin vest from RMC.

Last edited:

xOUTLAWx

One of the Regulars
Only that? I must have mixed the dates with my other schott

Last edited:

xOUTLAWx

One of the Regulars
At @mendelboaz and @Monitor request here are some pictures.
27805163406_72c4624c4b_z.jpg
27561469990_ff1ece905e_z.jpg
27839390555_0f09a24262_z.jpg

xOUTLAWx

One of the Regulars
I can relate, that jacket is fantastic but the history behind it is what makes it special. That's how I value my vanson.

If I ever sell Ill contact you for shure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21