Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Black and White Spectators- Clothes?

rumblefish

One Too Many
Can you offer up any photos of you or others wearing combinations that black and white spectators go well with.

I have the navy blazer and white trousers, so maybe something else?

Thank you,
Chris M.

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
Don't seem to have any pics on my flickr, but will look thru my drive - I know there are a few. Meanwhile I offer a few guidelines FWTW.

I find black & whites work well with light grey solids, or black&white / black&grey patterns like houndstooth or glen plaid. I've even worn them with a solid black suit on occasion, if I can snazz it up with a bright shirt/tie combo.

I would avoid dark greys or stripes - too traditionally businessy. Also avoid anything with a hint of tan or brown - save those for the brown specs or white bucks.

Michaelshane

One Too Many
P1040863_edited-1.jpg
[/IMG]

MisterGrey

Practically Family
IMO, anything. The white, although the lesser of the shoe's colors in terms of area, is more dominant, so they're more white shoes than black; and white pretty much goes with everything.

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Here are a couple that Johnny Depp seems to do well.

depp.jpg

Johnny-Depp-Poster-C10284062.jpeg

With this one you'll have to imagine the suit as a navy pinstripe & the shoes as B&W. It works very well actually as a stylish casual look.

Cheers!

Dan

Big_e

Practically Family
Michaelshane and Thunderw21, nice shoes!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap The more I look at them, the more I'm convinced I need a pair of them. I just have a couple pair of brown Oxfords at this time and was fixing to get some black Oxfords (my favorite kind of shoe). I think I'll get a pair of Spectators instead. As posted above, they seem to go well with everything.
Ernest

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Godfather Remade Digitally

Seeing the scene the other night where Jimmy Caan (Sonny Corleone) kicks the crap out of his errant wife-beating brother-in-law whilst wearing a pair of rather nice black and white specs gives you a good idea of the versatility of these type of shoes....:eek: :D

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
:eek:fftopic: I lovet he godfather movies BUT this awful seventies hairstyles together with an orange (!) 40s shirt look just like...uh.*yucky*
They spoil everything. Nice spectatos though

cookie

I'll Lock Up
thunderw21 said:

This is one of the classic shots in my opinion of that Golden Era look for a Miami cruise or for the LA Confidential type in the 40s /50s. It could be worn today as it is - in a way - very conservative but it's so "sharp" it would be immediately thought of as a vintage/retro look.

Edward

Bartender
I wear mine with anything with which I'd be happy to wear black shoes. Avoid them with browns and earth-tones. Also, I tend to prefer shoes with off-white rather than white panels when wearing cream or other off-whites - a natural-hued linen, for example.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner