Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

blazers/suits/suit jacket

warrior1

New in Town
Today I bought a 2 button tailor jacket from Express. I asked the salesperson if it was more like a blazer or suit. It is a black sportcoat.The salesperson told me it is more like a suit than a blazer but like an idiot I bought it anyways. I dont want to go out at night and people think I am wearing a suit instead of a blazer. I only want 1 suit for interview and a blazer for going out.

This is the one i bought but i got it from the store today

http://www.expressfashion.com/styles...jsp?groupId=16
The 2nd page, the 2nd jacket of the 3.

I am told in other forums that it is tacky to wear this suit jacket with jeans so i am considering

1. Return the suit jacket to express and just go a place like the Men's Warehouse and get a suit that is not black for an accounting interview.

AND THEN

2. Go to Macy's and get a blazer that is NOT a suit jacket and just wear the blazer and jeans when i go out at night.

Are doing these two things my best option?

Also, Would it be a bad idea to get a black blazer? I say black blazers is probably the best color that look on me but I always hear people say blazers are usually navy blue or some other color.

What color suit is probably the best for an accounting interview?

Would just me having a suit not a suit jacket AND a blazer be enough or is having all 3 essential for my wardrobe?

Thanks for any help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elzbthy