Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Block-Bilt: Website link-Never seen these jackets. Anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
image.jpg
I would have copied a different jacket

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
I am not entirely convinced yet about a SB connection because there is too little resemblance in style and leather of the jackets. They do look a lot like Bill Kelso though. I am not familiar with that brand, but i sense certain vibes here. Can anyone explain what it is with BK and what people here think about them?

Edward

Bartender
It is a legal requirement if trading in/from the UK and selling online to have a physical contact address on your website, you would expect an established company to be aware of that.

Indeed. They're being very naughty notcdoing so: clear breach of the Ecommerce Regulations 2002 (Regulation 6, if memory serves).

image.jpg

image.jpg

It's really too bad that these Exact copies aren't really exact. The cuff detail on the original is very nice. The drop is great too.

Last edited:

Plumbline

One Too Many
If they're in Bedford they're just up the road from me ... Incidentally it's not me :)

Equally I'm not convinced its SB/AL either I think they're more into collaborations and delivering their own brand than trying to deliver a competitor brand ... That would make no sense.

Might buy one just to see what they're like .... Might be good .... Might not ....

Last edited:

Capesofwrath

Practically Family
If they're in Bedford they're just up the road from me ... Incidentally it's not me :)

Equally I'm not convinced its SB/AL either I think they're more into collaborations and delivering their own brand than trying to deliver a competitor brand ... That would make no sense.

Might buy one just to see what they're like .... Might be good .... Might not ....

Does it say that they’re in Bedford somewhere? I’m not going back up the thread. There is zero information on the site’s whereabouts or an address anywhere on the site that I can find. I doubt if the company is in the UK at all, even if the site’s registered here. SB would know they had to comply with UK law and include proper contact information as they do on their own site. Anyway they say this site has nothing to do with them.

Edward

Bartender
Does it say that they’re in Bedford somewhere? I’m not going back up the thread. There is zero information on the site’s whereabouts or an address anywhere on the site that I can find. I doubt if the company is in the UK at all, even if the site’s registered here. SB would know they had to comply with UK law and include proper contact information as they do on their own site. Anyway they say this site has nothing to do with them.

I believe Bedford was given as the seller's location in Schitzo's ebay auctions. It seems likely that these jackets are being made in the Far East, for the UK market. I wouldn't necessarily draw the conclusion that the website is being run by someone there, though: never underestimate how unaware of the law people in general are. Possible, of course.

The jackets on ebay have been removed.

Mn. At least one of the auctions made clear that the auction would be cancelled on Wednesday. Presumably they were kept up long enough to get our attention (which they obviously did).

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
View attachment 45434
View attachment 45435
It's really too bad that these Exact copies aren't really exact. The cuff detail on the original is very nice. The drop is great too.

Those cuffs are a type used on childrens/teens jackets, designed so that they could be worn flipped up when purchased, then flipped down as the kid's arms grew. A good way of making a jacket last a few years longer during the depression.

Those cuffs are a type used on childrens/teens jackets, designed so that they could be worn flipped up when purchased, then flipped down as the kid's arms grew. A good way of making a jacket last a few years longer during the depression.
Similar to my Mom's practice of cutting off the bottoms of our Sears Toughskins jeans and sewing them on the ends of our jeans to make them last longer. Dad was in grad school and that was my "new jeans".

A-1

One Too Many
I think people all agree BK makes a damn good jacket but their PR is a little over the top which turns a lot of people off them. Also their prices went from reasonable to crazy town recently. Another reason to look elsewhere
Well, I don’t. My jacket went to Greece for repair twice in six months. Of those six months it was traveling between Germany and Greece about 3 months. So, I’m really afraid to put it on, so a seam breaks again. (I had two broken seams in two months...)

Concerning the discussion:
I also do not think that SB is involved as they had their share of bad business and now know how to run things legally correct. At least that’s what I guess.
BK might be from Greece, but Andy is indeed originally from the US and so is perfectly fluent in English. He may not have the nicest tone and write completely exaggerated childish bullshit, but his English is flawless.
The jackets look like BK copies though...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot