Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Block-Bilt: Website link-Never seen these jackets. Anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
I was researching a Block Sportswear company leather jacket. I also used the words Block-Bilt. This website came up. I have never heard or seen any mention of their jackets that I can recall. Anyone know anything more about them? The Jackets look to be very nice reproductions. The website has a 2016 date on it.

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
So this is new stuff? Never heard of the designer. I going to write them and inquire about something. Not many details for high end leather jacket web site. Interesting and somewhat odd.

A-1

One Too Many
No contact address. That’s conspicuous.
The jackets (and the photos) look very similar to BK.
They don’t look very interesting to me. And the affiliation with BK would be a big minus for me.

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
No contact address. That’s conspicuous.
The jackets (and the photos) look very similar to BK.
They don’t look very interesting to me. And the affiliation with BK would be a big minus for me.

I Agree, the pictures do look very Bill Kelso-esque.

I have to say, I think they look really nice though, not "I need one of these right now" nice but nice still.

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
I agree, my first thought was "this has a BK look to it!"
The website, the leather, the pictures, it's all very familiar...

Has anybody else noticed how off the shawl collar on The American is? It almost looks square! Pretty sure BK would not get that this wrong.

Not sure how i feel about these Block Bilt, no mention of where the leather is from, or where the jackets are made, no phone number, just a generic "we want to pay homage and make some jackets like they used to..."
Also, googling "Hiroshi Watanabe leather" brings 0 results.

Last edited:

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
These guys did some iconic biker jackets back in the day. I don't know if it's the same folks now, or if the name got sold. There a few nice examples of them in Rin Tanakas books. Pretty expensive, doesn't appear that they offer custom, and not too much info/ options on hide.

Much like the Simmons Bilt name, the Block Bilt was out of use for years. These guys picked it up and "boom" BBv2.0 is born.
I don't believe there is any relation to the CA company. Especially with pricing in £.

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
Much like the Simmons Bilt name, the Block Bilt was out of use for years. These guys picked it up and "boom" BBv2.0 is born.
I don't believe there is any relation to the CA company. Especially with pricing in £.

Good point, hadn't thought of the £ v $...

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Interesting. Doesn't look like SB/AL work, though. Maybe BK making for SB? Match made in heaven! It's not listed in Companies House - the Scottish business register - so they've gone out their way to avoid the label being connected to SB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR