Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Block-Bilt: Website link-Never seen these jackets. Anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Superfluous

My Mail is Forwarded Here
this is a soft launch with more publicity to follow?

Maybe, but . . .

Maybe, but why then sell on eBay at half the price?

Seems odd that, if they were genuinely seeking to introduce a new high end brand of leather jackets that will command the considerable prices listed on the new website, they would immediately offer the same jackets at a substantial discount on E-Bay using Schitzo as a shill/straw man. The immediate E-Bay discounting undermines the notion of a high quality product commensurate with the listed prices, and dissuades buyers from paying the listed prices. Frankly, this strategy appears more like the all-too-common approach of concocting nonsensical retail prices with no intention of actually selling the product at the listed price, then immediately offering substantial discounts in order to lull certain gullible buyers into believing that they are getting a great deal on a high quality product based on the grossly inflated list price.

In the spirit of the foregoing, I am currently selling a new line of bottled water that comes directly from the Fountain of Youth -- the list price is $7,399 per bottle, but I am offering a one-time 90% discount to TFL members -- get your magic water for $739.90 per bottle while supplies last.

pawineguy

One Too Many
Maybe, but . . .

Seems odd that, if they were genuinely seeking to introduce a new high end brand of leather jackets that will command the considerable prices listed on the new website, they would immediately offer the same jackets at a substantial discount on E-Bay using Schitzo as a shill/straw man. The immediate E-Bay discounting undermines the notion of a high quality product commensurate with the listed prices, and dissuades buyers from paying the listed prices. Frankly, this strategy appears more like the all-too-common approach of concocting nonsensical retail prices with no intention of actually selling the product at the listed price, then immediately offering substantial discounts in order to lull certain gullible buyers into believing that they are getting a great deal on a high quality product based on the grossly inflated list price.

In the spirit of the foregoing, I am currently selling a new line of bottled water that comes directly from the Fountain of Youth -- the list price is $7,399 per bottle, but I am offering a one-time 90% discount to TFL members -- get your magic water for $739.90 per bottle while supplies last.

I agree with all of that, my theory was that this was much less of a strategy than of someone who received samples, either as a consultant or otherwise, and chose to turn them into $. It's fine to get a site up first, generate buzz by being mysterious, but the eBay debacle was clearly a misstep, whether it was an actual strategy or a rogue consultant / partner.

Gav

Practically Family
No. Watanabe is a pretty common Japanese surname. And Hiroshi is a common first name.

In response to capesofwrath...

" get your magic water for $739.90 per bottlewhile supplies last."

No way! I could get a jacket for that.
If I get a cafe racer in a size smaller, it'll take 10 years off right there :)

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Well, Watanabe is probably not a joke name in the fashion world because it is also the name of a very famous fashion designer, Junya Watanabe who designed some very expensive cross-over leather jackets with Vanson and Lewis Leather.

Wow, these guys aren't doing anything original :)
I wonder if they paid to use the Life images on their corporate site, or if they Drifted into piracy on that too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot