Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"Blucher Moccasins"

Just bought a pair of Blucher moc`s from LL Bean a few months ago,60.00,what JUNK!years ago they were made in Maine,now its some foreign country.The leather is to soft and the stiching is loose,I plan on returning them and going for a few extra bucks for the Maine made bluchers.I believe Eastman has that style that is made in the USA,but they are 270.00.Is it worth it I don`t know.

LL Bean "Blucher Moc`s"

Cheap,cheap and cheap,bought a pair of Beans blcher moc`s back in the spring,if my memoy serves me they were $89.00 shipped(all Beans stuff is free shipping),I knew for that price they were not made in the US,well they were not.Leather to soft and poorly stitched.I do believe you can buy bluchers made here,Eastman of Maine has them and they are about 230.00 appx.I guess when these wear out I will have to go for the better moc...PS It will not be long the stitching is already loose..

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
It's remarkable how far Bean's quality has fallen. I've been wearing loads of their stuff for almost 30 years, and it used to be extraordinarly solid, well made, and very consistently sized. While much of it is still a step above typical mall-store quality, it's almost all clearly inferior to versions of the same products thay made 10 or 15 years ago. And that consistent sizing is long gone. It's sad...

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
It's remarkable how far Bean's quality has fallen. I've been wearing loads of their stuff for almost 30 years, and it used to be extraordinarly solid, well made, and very consistently sized. While much of it is still a step above typical mall-store quality, it's almost all clearly inferior to versions of the same products thay made 10 or 15 years ago. And that consistent sizing is long gone. It's sad...

So true a statement, last year two winter coats purchased from them for a fairly steep price and both have had to be repaired due to the arm pit area ripping out and on the one a zipper ripped and needed to be repaired. No more buying from them from me.

Isshinryu101

One Too Many
WOW, a US maker that has gone all to crap and now sells garbage made from some third world country where the wage is $5 a month. What a shock.

Feraud

Bartender

It is unfortunate how this comment applies to nearly everything we deal with in our lives.
Clothing, autos, tools, building materials, etc.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
I don`t mind paying extra for something but I expect quality!!
Well then quit chasing ghosts and choose a quality maker. There are enough (Russell, AllenEdmonds, Mephisto, Alden, etc..) to choose from. And while pricier they can all be refurbished/resoled at the factory which is superior to anything a local cobbler will do.

Noirblack

One of the Regulars
Cheap,cheap and cheap,bought a pair of Beans blcher moc`s back in the spring,if my memoy serves me they were $89.00 shipped(all Beans stuff is free shipping),I knew for that price they were not made in the US,well they were not.Leather to soft and poorly stitched.I do believe you can buy bluchers made here,Eastman of Maine has them and they are about 230.00 appx.I guess when these wear out I will have to go for the better moc...PS It will not be long the stitching is already loose..

It says on the LLBean website that you can return anything that does not give you 100% satisfaction. Are you going to return them?

I used to order lots of shirts from them, also sweaters and coats. I've also had moccasins and winter boots from them. But this was a few years ago and the products were made in the USA. It's too bad that the quality is dropping.

filfoster

One Too Many
I don`t mind paying extra for something but I expect quality!!

Many of us would, and do, but according to some vendors, for example, www.atthefront.com -read the owner's rants in his site's 'rant archive' for many posts on this subject- there are many who profess a willingness to pay more but don't follow through. So, it's the usual story: businesses seek the lowest cost of goods sold, which means foreign manufacture. That's not always bad because sometimes foreign (cheap foreign, not Swiss watches!!) manufacture is pretty good, but it's hard to supervise a factory an ocean away.

My last four BB suits (not Outlet, but Suiting Essentials MTM), clearly state 'Made in Thailand' at the jacket lining neck.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy