Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bogart leather jacket in "the balck legion"1937

Charlie

Familiar Face
Look pretty much like an Highwayman

Sanstitre.jpg

Sanstitre2.jpg

Sanstitre3.jpg

Sanstitre4.jpg

Sanstitre5.jpg

Charlie

Familiar Face
Better shots here !

Look isn't zip, it's buttons !!!

What a jacket again , love the collar shape ! Look how short it is ! (pants were high-waisted at this time, the belt were allmost over the nombrilla !)

Sanstitreg.jpg

Sanstitrea.jpg

Sanstitreb.jpg

Sanstitrec.jpg

Sanstitred.jpg

Sanstitree.jpg

Sanstitref.jpg

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
Yeah, over on VLJ someone said this design in this hide wouldn't be made today. The market for leather has gone to moto and heavy hides.

I haven't got the Depression build myself (any longer ;) ), but this would be an absolute corker in a ±2.5oz capeskin or horsehide such as used in Eastman's 1930s jackets.

Charlie

Familiar Face
Fletch said:
Yeah, over on VLJ someone said this design in this hide wouldn't be made today. The market for leather has gone to moto and heavy hides.

I haven't got the Depression build myself (any longer ;) ), but this would be an absolute corker in a ±2.5oz capeskin or horsehide such as used in Eastman's 1930s jackets.

You're absolutly right Fletch, there's no longer place for jacket of this kind : it was mostly made in capeskin (a very light goat skin), or very light horsehide (you can't find it anymore). I've got the Eastman you're talking about, and I have one of the few remaining capeskin jacket (beacause they are fragile) : the leather of my "hartmann" is still too heavy. The capeskin is mutch like modern lambskin...

Bye

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff