Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Boots for brown and black Aero jackets

Dav

One Too Many
Good afternoon all
I was hoping for some suggestions on a pair of boots that can be worn with a black Aero Cheyenne and a brown Aero Highwayman.
I already own some black 8114 Iron Rangers for the Cheyenne and brown 8111 Iron Rangers for the Highwayman I want something that I can wear with both jackets in order to rotate the boots.
Maximum price of about £200($300) and preferably available in the UK.
Any suggestions?

WalkingBoy

Familiar Face
My suggestion would be :
RM Williams. fine Australian handmade bootmakers out of Adelaide, South Australia.
or Ian Harold Bootmakers in Victoria, Australia. same deal. very fine custom and bespoke boots, premium hand made quality.
both have websites and catalogues, and their boots are very hard wearing. RM Williams are primarily a bush outfitters for cattleman and horseriders, so you can be guaranteed they're stuff is some of the best. I wear RM's all the time.
and whats more they have a total repair service for all soles and inner soles.
Can't beat it.

PhilR

New in Town
I'll second RM Williams. Fantastic boots at a really good price. The Craftsman model is really versatile and looks great with jeans or a suit.

HighandDry

A-List Customer
Guys that have the RM Williams, how is the fit?

I have a pair of Blundstones, but I rarely wear them because they are tight on the top of my foot (high instep). Are the RM Williams roomier?

Dav

One Too Many
Thank you gents for your suggestions, I had forgotten about William Lennon but I think a pair of those chestnut R M Williams will fit the bill.
Thanks again.

WalkingBoy

Familiar Face
RM Williams fit is...well, like a glove, for the foot. They do half sizes and cater for many foot widths as well. Given they're bench made over a last, it's incredible to me still how good value they are.
Blundstones are a little 'mushier' in fit, and expand a lot with wear.
enough bragging from me.
RM Williams have a store in New Bond St in London

Edward

Bartender
Sounds like plenty of suggestions for brand.... as to colour, I'd be looking to a good burgundy / oxblood if you want one pair that will go with both jackets.

Dav

One Too Many
Thanks Edward, I think colour suggestions was what I was after really, I should have been a bit more specific in my original post.
I do like the sound of ox blood/burgundy just not sure if I've got the confidence to do so, I shall give it some thought though.

Lear

One of the Regulars
All RM Williams. The claret pair were as the black and whiskey; comfort craftsman sole & innards. I had them sent back to Australia and relasted + converted to screwed leather soles. The relasting turned a baggy boot into the streamlined pair they should have been :). Cost to do this was £100, but I'll do it again with my whiskey pair. I actually find the screwed leather sole to be more comfortable than the comfort innards. All are mirror polished except the claret, which are coated in conditioner for this pic.

Black Yearling Comfort Craftsman
black_2.jpg

black_toes.jpg

Whiskey Yearling Comfort Craftsman
rmw_whiskey_top.jpg

rmw_whiskey_side.jpg

rmw_whiskey_toes.jpg

Claret Yearling Craftsman (converted to screwed leather sole)
claret_2.jpg

claret_1.jpg

Brown Suede Craftsman (leather sole)
brown_suede_4.jpg

brown_suede_3.jpg

Lear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner