Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Borsalino Como vs Biltmore Eleganza

wgiceman

One of the Regulars
Well, I get my final paycheck before being laid off next week and I have decided that I will get a little present to celebrate moving to a new direction in life. I have a Borsalino Como in olive/brown that I really like, and was considering trying to get one in a navy color. The price is a little steep though. So, I was thinking about the Biltmore Eleganza in a navy color instead. What do you guys think would be better long term choice? (I realize that Miller Hats has a Biltmore equivalent called the Baldwin, which is a better fit budget-wise.)

monbla256

Call Me a Cab
Which Biltmore Eleganza and Borsolino Como are you....

.... looking at? At Hats Plus in Chicago they list 4 DIFFERENT styles of the Eleganza and Borsolino lists 2 styles of Como, a Como (2 1/2" brim) and a ComoII (3" brim) ? Personally, I'd opt for the Borsolino Coma II in the Dk. Brwn. and if price were at issue I'd go with the Biltmore Eleganza C-Crown in that nice Steel color they show JMHO :)

wgiceman

One of the Regulars
monbla256 said:
.... looking at? At Hats Plus in Chicago they list 4 DIFFERENT styles of the Eleganza and Borsolino lists 2 styles of Como, a Como (2 1/2" brim) and a ComoII (3" brim) ? Personally, I'd opt for the Borsolino Coma II in the Dk. Brwn. and if price were at issue I'd go with the Biltmore Eleganza C-Crown in that nice Steel color they show JMHO :)

I was actually looking at the Eleganza C-crown versus the Como (2 1/2" brim). I already have a steel colored fedora and that is why I was looking at getting a navy color. But I agree that the steel colored Eleganza looks great. Unfortunately, price is an issue. The lowest I have been able to find the Como is around $265.00 and the Eleganze is around $175.00.

(Wouldn't it be nice if money were no object? ..............)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80