Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BOTH SIDES OF THE TWEED! - Show us your tweed suits, sport coats and pants

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
Sold these a while ago.

Smallish size but remarkable.
001-9.jpg

002-6.jpg

003-6.jpg

004-3.jpg

005-1.jpg

Cicero

A-List Customer
For love of the tweed continued, I love plus fours and shooting jackets...

Great set of no name plus fours:
399800462.jpg

My favorite tweed shooting jacket made by R H Mears, with a great set of 1967 vintage Moss Brothers plus twos.
399800465.jpg

399800467.jpg

My tweed centerpiece, a 1970s vintage 3 piece Derby tweed shooting suit by Hebden Cord. I've not used it while shooting driven pheasant... yet...

399800480.jpg

399800490.jpg

399800499.jpg

Nice set!
Ideal for the "tweed run". http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjuRU5HdxcU

HosManHatter

One of the Regulars
Just found at a local thrift store earlier this evening for $6.99: John Weitz,Harris Tweed sport coat that FITS me!! (48R). Not sure about the vintage but the inside tag reads: John Weitz- Tailored in USA for Rochester Big & Tall Clothing. The other tag reads:Hand Woven-Harris Tweed-Spun Woven in the Outer Hebridies,Scotland - by John Weitz. The Harris Tweed brand label looks genuine,but it`s not the Orb Logo label(instead it shows grazing sheep).Could my "lesser" HT label be because Harris Tweed itself didn`t make the coat,but only supplied the HT fabric? Here`s a pic of this label:

HarrisTweed03.jpg

HarrisTweed01.jpg

This garment is a well made,high quality item(imho),with very dense,heavy tweed fabric,exceptional fit and drape,and heavier liner.
Color is a lighter brownish/rust with alternating purple and green vertical stitching.

HarrisTweed04-1.jpg

HMH

Last edited:

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
Sold these a while ago.

Smallish size but remarkable.

004-3.jpg

In America at least, the 1920s and '30s were a golden age for tweedy woolen weaves. Endless experimentation and a great sense of fun. In a word: jazzy.

Vintage newsboy caps from the era were often made from the same wild cloth. Sometimes they matched the plus-fours -- just as the era's wild sweaters sometimes matched the socks.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
In America at least, the 1920s and '30s were a golden age for tweedy woolen weaves. Endless experimentation and a great sense of fun.
That's America in a nutshell. Tradition stifles innovation; We have little of the former and are gushing with the latter.

OldSouthernGent

New in Town
Handsome stuff here guys, I love it. I have two Harris Tweed jackets I'll have to post on here.

@Mario - Love the Norfolk belt donegal jacket.

@Dinerman - Very handsome gun check suit

Mario

I'll Lock Up
That one again! Simply beautiful, Matt.

If I had the money I'd gladly have you make a similar suit for me (as it turned out to be rather difficult finding vintage suits in my size anyway). :eusa_clap

Last edited:

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
This was one of those cheap jackets that even though it isn't the perfect fit (and even though shifting all the aromas is proving tricky) I couldn't bear to let it go to waste. It doesn't really matter - my wife hates me wearing tweed, so opportunities to wear it without being moaned at will be rather limited.

Harris tweed, from the ever-dependable Dunn & Co.

tweedjkt.jpg

tweedjkt2.jpg

tweeddetail.jpg

harristweedlabel.jpg

TheRomanhistorian

New in Town
Here is my contribution with my Bookster three piece (dark brown herringbone). The pictures are from a mate's wedding, he kindly sent me some photos a few weeks back and, no, I didn't choose the green pocket square (the bride chose green as one of her colours so all the men wore green pocket squares as she ordered):

BannerKlapstein-1052.jpg

BannerKlapstein-1070.jpg

I was the best man and they caught me whilst I was giving the toast.

Newsuit.jpg

The above is a tweed in a steel-blue herringbone colour. My apologies for the strange lighting.

Two Types: I love that jacket, the pattern is fantastic!

Last edited:

draws

Practically Family
Here are several photos of a Bespoke Cricketeer Tweed 3 piece suit purchased on the Bay. Size 42Long.

Dennis

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldBoot