Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bourbon Discussion Thread

Turnip

My Mail is Forwarded Here
It is. :)

Though of course no straight edge Bourbon the Port finish adds a slight fruity note and some tannins plus a little mocha-ish edge from the European oak. Swims like Mark Spitz.

Harp

I'll Lock Up
Evan Williams, my preferred poison has raised price to slightly over $15 a throw which can be attributed to inflationary production and transport costs but still lower end glass all the same while remaining a contender
to more expensive bourbons.

Turnip

Though this is classic disco booze here I still like it better than it’s counterparts fron Scotland, JW Red Label or Ballentine‘s Finest. I even bought a bottle of their BIB single barrel series recently.

Boyo

Call Me a Cab
a few Bourbon drinkers invited to Thanksgiving next week (myself included)
I think we’re sorted..
12F7C022-1B51-4B75-8386-62E61FB73EA4.jpeg
C8185EEB-148A-498F-B269-D2B9DE9B65B1.jpeg

Last edited:

Seank

A-List Customer
Hmmm interesting topic. I was lucky enough to start collecting bourbon before there was a “bourbon craze”. Makes me sound like a bourbon hipster LOL. (I liked it before it was cool haha)

I had a friend back in the day that managed a liquor store, she had my CC # and when anything rare or interesting came to the shop she’d just charge my card before it hit the shelf and shoot me a text telling me what I just bought and to come pick it up. LOL
I built up a solid collection of 100+ bottles of what these days sell for astronomical prices and IMO aren’t worth it, but whatever.
Anyway…these days I’ve stopped collecting and I’m now more a Rye guy and I’ll take a good MGP sourced barrel strength rye over just about anything, it’s just dependable and good regardless of the label. However for bourbon and leaving the crazy priced allocated bottles out…I’d probably say Stag Jr if you can get it, Bookers if you can’t, and for an easier sipper it’s hard to beat 4 Roses single barrel with all of the different recipes 4 Roses uses you are bound to find one that hits your flavor profile.

Boyo

Call Me a Cab
^ I will definitely agree about value.. plenty of really good stuff in the +/- $50 range.
Never saw a Pappy in the flesh and the most expensive Ive tried is Blantons at about $300

Turnip

The prices for Blanton‘s appear to go straight through the roof. Last year I bought a bottle of SFTB for 89,- here.
Just looked that up at my favorite shop and found that the Gold is already at about 125,- bucks now and the SFTB up to 129,- bucks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ