Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bourbon Discussion Thread

Harp

I'll Lock Up
Bulleit
Buffalo trace
Knob creek
Jeffersons Ocean
Woodford

Of course I live in KY so if it isn't from here it isn't bourbon.

My twin regs, Maker's Mark and Evan Williams ain't even heres nohow. What's bout Bird 101 flown ways?
Kentucky tea, piss, n' vinegar. :);):mad::confused::cool::eek::oops:o_O

Turnip

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Some 14yo Port finished Heaven Hill at cask strength yesterday.

full

Turnip

Compared to an Elijah Craig 12 that last sold at a similar price tag when still available here, yes, definitely.

The Bourbon prices go straight through the roof here last years. Bought a bottle of Blanton‘s SFTB for 89,- bucks about two years ago, sells for about 159,- bucks now…:eek:

Retromoto

One of the Regulars
My Son lives in the middle of Kentucky's Bourbon Country, driving through the area usually results in a fragrance you'll never forget. A lot of the labels are now owned by Japanese Companies.
If you get a chance, give Bourbon Balls a try......:)

Last edited:

Tiki Tom

Are we in a golden age of bourbon? Seems like there are a lot of good and affordable bourbons out there. Something to match every taste and pocketbook. I may have to broaden my habits and approach some of these with an open mind.

Turnip

How true! Though the prices in this sector rose significantly at this end too, they didn’t as ridiculously as for Scotch and you can still get some very good drops at a moderate price tag here.
As usual there are some out there trying to milk the cow with overpriced fantasyland brands and labels on cheap, sourced booze but it’s no rocket science to sort these out.
A nice alternative can be Armagnacs, tastewise often astonishingly close to Bourbon at often very decent prices, especially at (very) old bottlings.

Cheers

Turnip

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko