Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Break Out the Board Games!

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
Just got hold of this vintage game:

It's slow and it's great fun. Just wondering if the concept of this game could not - very easily - be transformed to a great strategic PC game.
It's not a shooting game - but highly strategic.

WesternHatWearer

A-List Customer
Just got hold of this vintage game:

It's slow and it's great fun. Just wondering if the concept of this game could not - very easily - be transformed to a great strategic PC game.
It's not a shooting game - but highly strategic.
A friend of mine has this game and a few others that are very similar. He collects a great number of games from all genres. He trades new games to get games he does not yet have or has not played.

WesternHatWearer

A-List Customer
Thursday evening, a couple of friends and I played "Sword of Rome." We had a lot of fun with this game. It truly plays all the way to the end, with anyone being able to come back upon the last turn. This game challenges the players to think ahead but requires them to remain flexible or else suffer harshly.

We just got this last night.
Not so much a board game, but I'm not sure what you'd consider it.
724bc666e8ab892b3fef2dc48cc303df.jpg

Johnny the Skull spins his head around and projects ghosts onto the walls and ceiling, which you zap with a raygun. Great fun for the kids (and grownups) AND all those ghosts that randomly pop up and disappear really freak the dog out. Good stuff.

WesternHatWearer

A-List Customer
The next board game that my friends and I will undertake is going to be "Shadows Over Camelot." My younger brother played this game before and is insisting that our friends play it with us. He has been consistently asking to play. I hope it is as exciting as his recounting of the game. I read the instructions for the game; it seems very interesting and appears to offer some real challenges to the players.

I will try to follow up and share what I think about "Shadows Over Camelot."

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
We've been teaching Lily to play Operation. She freaks out at the buzz. She is also learning dominoes, and is quite the shark.

Anyone remember a game called Jack Straws? I bought it recently, and we've been having fun playing it.

WesternHatWearer

A-List Customer
The next board game that my friends and I will undertake is going to be "Shadows Over Camelot." My younger brother played this game before and is insisting that our friends play it with us. He has been consistently asking to play. I hope it is as exciting as his recounting of the game. I read the instructions for the game; it seems very interesting and appears to offer some real challenges to the players.

I will try to follow up and share what I think about "Shadows Over Camelot."

The post "Shadows Over Camelot" comments. We played the game twice. There is a lot going on within the game, toss in that the game can played with a "traitor" it can be very interesting. While the overall aim of the game is for good to be victorious over evil, such a feat is very difficult. Even if you are not a fan of Arthurian legend, the game is a lot of fun. It does require a bit of planning and strategy for both "good" to win or for the "traitor" to prevail.

8D Enjoy!

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
I have not ever heard of Jack Straws; would you please enlighten me? :)

Sorry I missed this question.

Jack Straws is a bit like pick-up-sticks. You have a pile of game pieces, and you have to use a flexible hook to remove the pieces one-at-a-time without moving the rest of the game pieces. It is a game of patience and skill. This is what the game looks like.

jack straws.JPG

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
We do a lot of family game dates. We turn on fun music, and all three of us sit down and play together. Lily's favorite is Go Fish (not a board game, but she LOVES it!). She's quite the shark at it. Last round we played, I ended up with two pairs, Hubby had 5 pairs, and she had the rest of the cards.

She also loves playing Bingo. We're attending Hubby's family reunion in Texas next month, and they have a big Bingo game (white elephant gifts) during the reunion. She's already told me she's going to have two, possibly three cards to play with the adults.

We recently played Life. She didn't really like it, except being able to spin to see how far to move. I think the game play was a bit to intricate for her at this age. But I think if we play it often over the years, she'll come to enjoy it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner