Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Brims.

riccardo

Practically Family
Hi to all,
looking for an Akubra Federation I've read the brims mesaurements
70x73 what did they means?
Aren't they perfect?

Any help, thank you.

Best regards.
Riccardo.

WEEGEE

Practically Family
Were You Been

riccardo,

I don't know but the brim my be a dimensional cut (wider in the front and back by 3mm then the sides ?)

good to hear from you,

WeeGee

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The joys of the metric system

Everyone has been spot on Riccardo, Australia uses the metric system and the dimensional brim measurements are in millimetres.

:eek:fftopic: Although I was only about seven or eight years old when the country changed from Imperial to metric, more often than not I still refer to measurements in feet and inches, probably courtesy of my parents (but thankfully not pounds and shillings - now that would be a mess!).

RBH

Bartender
Hey there Ric!!

Yes the brim is a dimensional cut, as explained in the above post.
I think you have a Campdraft, so you know that akubra makes a great hat.
The Fed looks pretty cool to me, should make a great hat.
let us see a pic of you if you get one.

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
Perfect Brims

Yes, Riccardo. As the others are saying, the width on the sides are shorter than the front and back, on purpose. It's actually a pretty good look. I have 3 Federations. You won't be disappointed. "Mid-Brown" is an odd color, though. It has a greenish look to it.
NB

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
It's dimentional for the Indiana Jones crowd.

There weren't dimentional brims for men as far as I have seen... that is until after Raiders of the lost Ark.

Ford sports a similar dimentional brim to the Akubra and it suits him well. I was a fan of the cut though feel it too out of place nowadays for one reason or another. I just prefer an unaltered brim with the same dimentions all around.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy