Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

British SB 3 button 2-piece suit dated 11 65; beautiful fabric

Red Leader

One of the Regulars
Hey all!

I found this (I think British?) suit and am offering it up for sale to someone who might fit it better. If it fit I'd keep it - the fabric is awesome. It is everything that is desirable about vintage fabric - beautiful pattern, heavy wool, wonderful drape. The suit weighs about 3.8 lbs and reminds me more of my 1940s suit fabric than anything else.

It is a single breasted 3 button suit. The jacket does have pocket flaps they are just tucked in at the current moment. The pants have no cuffs. It is made by Burton from Leeds. Here are some dimensions to aid with sizing:

Shoulder to shoulder: 17 3/4"
bottom of collar to back bottom: 28"
sleeve length: a hair under 24"
chest size: 42"

There is a good 1 1/2" of material under the sleeves if lengthening is necessary.

Pant size is a 33-34, with a total length of 38" and an inseam of 27". Yep, they were made for someone short:)

The suit needs some attention. It could use a cleaning, as there are some (what looks like) small food spots (I've scraped with my fingernail - it will come out). I didn't spot a single moth hole anywhere, although I haven't gone over it with a fine toothed comb, I held it up to the light and it passed the test. The jacket has some stitching coming out underneath one of the armpits in the lining (not in the outside fabric). The pants: the inside waistband fabric has deteriorated to a degree, and the fabric roll at the bottom of the pants has worn through the crease mainly in 2 spots on each cuff (front and back). I've taken pictures of all this so you can see it. There is about 2.5" of fabric inside the pant cuffs so one could potentially let out that seam, extend the length an inch, make a 1" outside cuff, and tuck 1/2" inside the cuff and sew in place and you could hide the damage and get another inch out of the pants. The suit is very wearable and again the fabric is killer.

I'm not trying to make a killing, just passing on a good deal. $30 plus shipping and it is yours:)

See pictures below!

P4183286-vi.jpg

Simply beautiful!
P4183287-vi.jpg

P4183289-vi.jpg

P4183290-vi.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner