Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Calling all cars!

Daniel Riser

A-List Customer
Wildroot,
check out my post. I got her! Although I think I may have a bit of a problem on my hands. Turns out Lauren's favorite color is Burgundy, and she loves suicide doors. If I wind up dead on some rainy Chicago st you know who did it

Hiartz

New in Town
1999 Morgan plus 8, 4.6

morgan17.jpg

Rathdown

Practically Family
If you do decide to buy a traction, might I suggest that you look for an early 11BL, which has the spare wheel mounted on the trunk lid. It is also slightly shorter than the Normale, which looks somewhat out of proportion when viewed from the side. Of course, should you win the lottery, a pre-war Traction roadster would be just the ticket for motoring on balmy, Hawaiian, evenings!

Chasseur

Call Me a Cab
If you do decide to buy a traction, might I suggest that you look for an early 11BL, which has the spare wheel mounted on the trunk lid. It is also slightly shorter than the Normale, which looks somewhat out of proportion when viewed from the side. Of course, should you win the lottery, a pre-war Traction roadster would be just the ticket for motoring on balmy, Hawaiian, evenings!

Rathdown,

Thank you for the advice! I do like those 11BLs... Anything else you might suggest in terms of buying a Traction? I've a few books on the subject, its in my long-term plans but not in the "lets do this this year" stage. Perhaps 8-10 years out I would think.

Rathdown

Practically Family
Rathdown,

Thank you for the advice! I do like those 11BLs... Anything else you might suggest in terms of buying a Traction? I've a few books on the subject, its in my long-term plans but not in the "lets do this this year" stage. Perhaps 8-10 years out I would think.
My son is something of a Citroen fanatic and suggests that rust/rot in the monocoque is the main thing to watch out for in Tractions. Parts, although not cheap are plentiful, and for more power the later ID/DS engines drop right in. Tractions are s..l..o..w.. and as a result aren't as popular as many other post war cars. He suggests that you join the Citroen Car Club (www.socalcitroens.com) and if there are any TA local to where you live, try to drive one before taking the plunge. The real TA guru is Chuck Forward, who can be contacted thru the Citroen club, or at AutoBooks in Burbank, California (www.autobooks-aerobooks.com).

Last edited:

shamanouman

New in Town
Are facilities better? What qualities/characteristics does De La Salle have that Ateneo lacks? What type of school is De La Salle exactly? Is the dorming there better than in Ateneo?

Smithy

I'll Lock Up

Absolutely beautiful motorcar!

My wife would go quite doolally over that, Mogs are her favourite. And pictured outside an historic stone cottage on a country lane - doesn't get more apt than that!

I can see that you (or the original purchaser) specified quite a number of optional extras for the vehicle: luggage rack, bonnet strap, non-headrest seats, wires (as opposed to the usual Plus 8 alloys), etc.

Wonderful automobile :eusa_clap

Chasseur

Call Me a Cab
My son is something of a Citroen fanatic and suggests that rust/rot in the monocoque is the main thing to watch out for in Tractions. Parts, although not cheap are plentiful, and for more power the later ID/DS engines drop right in. Tractions are s..l..o..w.. and as a result aren't as popular as many other post war cars. He suggests that you join the Citroen Car Club (www.socalcitroens.com) and if there are any TA local to where you live, try to drive one before taking the plunge. The real TA guru is Chuck Forward, who can be contacted thru the Citroen club, or at AutoBooks in Burbank, California (www.autobooks-aerobooks.com).

Rathdown,

Again many thanks, that is most helpful! Its not a project for today (too wrapped up in trying to buy an Alexander Henry BPE rifle) but after I scratch the double gun bug a little more I'll start putting away for this project.

p51

One Too Many
All my 'dream' cars are usually open top, OD green and often have armored plating on them. A true 'dream car' I once saw was a WW2 scout car with all the armor and military hardware but it had a modern engine, drivetrain and running gear. But from the outside you couldn't tell. The guy built it as a 'daily driver' he could take directly to re-enactments. Yeah, I'd have paid quite a bit to have gotten my mitts on that as it'd been a WW2 vehicle I could have driven a lot...
Although I'm slack in the winter months and usually never drive it until March or so (haven't turned the engine over for quite a while, been really slack this winter, but plan on doing so pretty soon), I have my 1944 Willys MB in the garage. She's never been restored but she's in pretty decent shape:
Parade4July2012.jpg

I drooled over a few I'd love to have at the opening of the Lemay museum this past summer:
LemayMuseumOpening026.jpg

LemayMuseumOpening015.jpg

LemayMuseumOpening023.jpg

LemayMuseumOpening005.jpg

And of course who wouldn't want one of these:
LemayMuseumOpening011.jpg

Last edited:

Rathdown

Practically Family
Rathdown,

Again many thanks, that is most helpful! Its not a project for today (too wrapped up in trying to buy an Alexander Henry BPE rifle) but after I scratch the double gun bug a little more I'll start putting away for this project.
One of the finest rifles I ever owned was an Alex. Henry falling block in .450-3 1/4. An absolute tack driver at 50, 100, and 150 yards, which is what the express sights were set for. My favorite double was a handy little 6.5x54 rimmed by Joseph Heim. Exquisite on light game (talk about tumbling chamois...). I envy you your eventual Alex. Henry double... ;)

Chasseur

Call Me a Cab
One of the finest rifles I ever owned was an Alex. Henry falling block in .450-3 1/4. An absolute tack driver at 50, 100, and 150 yards, which is what the express sights were set for. My favorite double was a handy little 6.5x54 rimmed by Joseph Heim. Exquisite on light game (talk about tumbling chamois...). I envy you your eventual Alex. Henry double... ;)

That Henry sounds like a wonderful rife, and so does the Heim. At the moment my favorite is an old GDR Merkel drilling in 16/16/7x65r thats the most rifle I've ever owned. For deer stalking its wonderful and given its weight its very good for off hand shots. If the Henry BPE passes muster I'll post some photos in the gun thread.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails