Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Can anyone ID this jacket?

ckramer

New in Town
These are stills from the production of True Detective season 2. If anyone has any insight into what make of jacket this is, I'd love to hear it!

taylor-kitsch-gets-ready-for-super-bowl-on-true-detective-set-04.jpg 256026_original.jpg taylor-kitsch-gets-ready-for-super-bowl-on-true-detective-set-03.jpg taylor-kitsch-gets-ready-for-super-bowl-on-true-detective-set-13.jpg

Pure coincidence. I was looking at the Matchless website just a few days ago (thinking about how dorky I'd feel wearing that Johnny jacket on a motorcycle), otherwise I wouldn't be able to ID it.

Some of the jackets look nice but they're way too fashion-y for me. And expensive.

ckramer

New in Town
Well at least it won't drive me nuts. I think I'll stick with my Schott. I can see why they altered the jacket for the show. I doubt a real motorcycle cop would be wearing a $1700 fashion jacket, but hey, you never know. Thanks for the nearly instant feedback!

ckramer, agreed.

Has anyone handled one? For the price they sell, i wonder what they are like.

From what I heard about these jackets, they're in the same league with Belstaff so yeah. I believe it was the Melanottis... Or was that Malenottis? ...that Italian family that used to own Belstaff, acquired the Matchless brand after Labelux got hold of the former, and continued running things in the same direction. Purely fashion stuff any way you look at it.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
I'm not a fan of that style of motorbike jacket at the best of times but even on the actor above, this one looks like a Wilson's jacket. Is it too large for him? I can't work out why it looks so underwhelming.

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
An insult to a great motorcycle name :(
This was mine from 1976 to 1988(a posed photo haha), a 1961 G12 650cc and that is an old Kett on the seat.

Scan10034-vi.jpg

Good for a Ton back then, and it still exists though not in this form and sadly now just another near restored clone.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
probably, a cool small metal patch on the sleeve could elevate the price of a jacket into celebrity jacket status :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou