Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Can Anyone Identify This Stetson?

easportsracer13

Familiar Face
I picked this fur fedora up on eBay for $70 and I love it. Its the perfect fit for my face and frame...problem is I dont know what it is/was. It has a 2" Brim with bound edges. Its about a 5" crown center dent and a slight front pinch. Any ideas? The closest thing I can see Stetson has nowadays is the Saxon. I saw a nearly identical hat on eBay marked as a Mallory. I want more colors of this hat LOL

e4e90e84.jpg

0f1314b2.jpg

cbaf1ee9.jpg

2b544be2.jpg

DNO

One Too Many
Judging from the "Made in Canada" label, I would guess that it was produced by Biltmore in Canada, under license from Stetson. I have a Stetson Playboy with the identical label, on an identical sweatband, that the deceased husband of a friend had ordered directly from Biltmore about 3 or 4 years ago. It came in a Biltmore hat box.

besdor

Vendor/Sponsor
DNO is right. Some time ago, Stetson used Biltmore to produce some of their styles. They were in fact owned by Hatco at one time. It was for a short time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessmiller97