Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Can't Upload Photos

Visigoth

A-List Customer
Does the upload photos feature simply not work? I realize I can upload to flickr, whatever, and link -- but every time I try to "manage attachments," and upload a photo to the Lounge itself, it gives me an "upload failed" message. I've tried this with a couple of different browsers, using small jpg files.

Any hints? Or is this function disabled...

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
Photos can't be uploaded and stored on the Fedora Lounge. That's why you have to go through Photobucket or whatever. But using offsite storage and linking to them through the IMG tags is pretty easy.

Brad

Visigoth

A-List Customer
Ah! Thanks! That explains it. (Might make sense to remove the feature from the interface, so obsessives like me don't spend ages trying to make it work...)

"Skeet" McD

Practically Family
Mac-based?

Visigoth said:
Does the upload photos feature simply not work? I realize I can upload to flickr, whatever, and link -- but every time I try to "manage attachments," and upload a photo to the Lounge itself, it gives me an "upload failed" message. I've tried this with a couple of different browsers, using small jpg files.

Any hints? Or is this function disabled...
Dear Visigoth...had the same difficulty when I joined a month or so ago...tried and tried; wrote MK, and he was kind enough to reply. According to him, it's because I'm Mac-based (using mobileme as the host)....I don't know if this is, in point of fact, true....but I've been linking pictures via their URL in mobileme. It's not quite as elegant--folks have to click on the link, rather than just seeing the picture...but it works.

If you get it to work--and you're mac-based--I'll be happy to hear what did it for you.

Cheers,
"Skeet"

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
[QUOTE="Skeet" McD]I've been linking pictures via their URL in mobileme. It's not quite as elegant--folks have to click on the link, rather than just seeing the picture...but it works.

[/QUOTE]But why not just host your pix at Photobucket, then copy the image code and paste directly into your post?.

"Skeet" McD

Practically Family
Baron Kurtz said:
Nowt tae dae wi' yer Mac. Ye canna de it, Jim!

You must upload to an online imagehosting site, then link.

I'm a doctor, not a magician!

bk

MVSICVS SVM NON MEDICVS VIS MAGVS....but that's sort of irrelevant...."mobileme" is Apple's online service, which offers image hosting among other things....which is why I'm using it rather than, say, Photobucket: I'm already there.

Thanks for the tip, nonetheless, Baron!

Visigoth

A-List Customer
Well, it's in the FAQ, the business about linking to a photo uploaded elsewhere, but it should perhaps say, explicitly: the "Manage Attachments" option does not work. I mean, the option's sitting there tempting you all the time, so you *assume* it must work for somebody...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DavidZL