Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Care to join my no eating after 7 p.m. (EDIT) or 3 hours before bed thread?

Feathers

Familiar Face
Okay I've decided to join this crusade! My only issue is that I have a very fluctuating schedule. Sometimes I have to be at work at 4:15 a.m., other days I have to be in at 1:15 p.m., etc. It's pretty ridiculous. My eating habits are waaaaay messed up. I've been doing 3 sets of 20 crunchies and 2 sets of 10 pushups every other day and will soon be riding my bike even more than just to and from work everyday also. Hopefully this no snacking deal will push things along a bit quicker. I think it's the wedding stress, too. I'm going to try to have a more set schedule after October also. Anyway, no eating for me after dinner and/or 3 hours before bedtime. Period. I only wish I would've checked out this thread 20 minutes ago as I was munching on a piece of a chocolate. How lame! I'll be a little angel...starting.....now.
[angel]

PrettySquareGal

I'll Lock Up
dhermann1 said:
So on top of everything else, the Lounge has turned into a chapters of Watch Weighters. Well, I have to confess, I sort of fell off the wagon tonight. I picked up a chicken and pineapple and red peppers salad tonight (it was pretty good, actually) and polished it off. Then I had to pick up my laundry from across the street, but I had to stop at the deli cause I'm out of butter (you see where this is leading?) Well, there at the cashier they have the fancy schmancy gourmet chocolates. (I'm so ashamed! No, I'm not!) So I grabbed the fancy schmancy fair trade gourmet dark chocolate with ginger. There! I've admitted it!
And I watched to the whole of Gosford Park, while snarfing down a 3 oz bar of fancy schmancy, without changing channels. (The Yankees had already lost, otherwise I would have been bouncing back and forth.)
And I'm not ashamed to admit it! I still have a hankering for like maybe a cheeseburger, but I'm going to be strong!

This isn't a diet or anything like WW.

As you can see, something innocent, a salad after-hours, can lead to greater temptations and indulgences. I find for me that it works to just not eat anything.

As for feeling ashamed, or not, the only person you really have to answer to is yourself and the mirror. :D

PrettySquareGal

I'll Lock Up
Feathers said:
Okay I've decided to join this crusade! My only issue is that I have a very fluctuating schedule. Sometimes I have to be at work at 4:15 a.m., other days I have to be in at 1:15 p.m., etc. It's pretty ridiculous. My eating habits are waaaaay messed up. I've been doing 3 sets of 20 crunchies and 2 sets of 10 pushups every other day and will soon be riding my bike even more than just to and from work everyday also. Hopefully this no snacking deal will push things along a bit quicker. I think it's the wedding stress, too. I'm going to try to have a more set schedule after October also. Anyway, no eating for me after dinner and/or 3 hours before bedtime. Period. I only wish I would've checked out this thread 20 minutes ago as I was munching on a piece of a chocolate. How lame! I'll be a little angel...starting.....now.
[angel]

It's never too late to join!

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Well gang, I AM on Weight Watchers. And if you are TRULY hungry y'all should EAT, no matter what time it is! Keeps your metabolism burning! So, are you hungry or do you just want to munch?

Needless to say I don't go by this 3 hour rule at all. I eat when I feel like it and I've lost over 80 pounds. Sometimes I go to bed at midnight or later, and I've just eaten something.

Depends on what time you woke up and when your last meal was too, just my two cents!
Nikki

PrettySquareGal

I'll Lock Up
ohairas said:
Well gang, I AM on Weight Watchers. And if you are TRULY hungry y'all should EAT, no matter what time it is! Keeps your metabolism burning! So, are you hungry or do you just want to munch?

Needless to say I don't go by this 3 hour rule at all. I eat when I feel like it and I've lost over 80 pounds. Sometimes I go to bed at midnight or later, and I've just eaten something.

Depends on what time you woke up and when your last meal was too, just my two cents!
Nikki

Right- this thread/practice won't work for or isn't desirable for everyone, just as Weight Watchers isn't for everyone.

Oh, congrats on your 80 pounds!

carter

I'll Lock Up
Last night I had Chinese for dinner,

NEI (Not Enough Info), C'mon now, don't hold out. What Chinese? I need to hear about food while I exist on roll-ups, bananas, cucumbers, and crystal light!
Food glorious food! Tell us more. :D :eek: :D :eek: :D :eek: lol

KEEP THE THREAD ALIVE

PrettySquareGal

I'll Lock Up
carter said:
NEI (Not Enough Info), C'mon now, don't hold out. What Chinese? I need to hear about food while I exist on roll-ups, bananas, cucumbers, and crystal light!
Food glorious food! Tell us more. :D :eek: :D :eek: :D :eek: lol

KEEP THE THREAD ALIVE

Well...

I had my favorite- Chicken with broccoli! I could have ordered it steamed but I didn't! I did budget calories for it, though. By the way, I use www.fitday.com and love it.

carter

I'll Lock Up
i was stressed last night at bedtime due to some... err... stressy things. After I got my foot out of my mouth, I ate some peaches & cream.

Stressy things? I'll have to remember that one.

I hope you brushed your teeth before eating the P&C.

BTW, I PM'd Mike and suggested a forum (Is that what threads are grouped under?) for Food & Beverage since these types of threads seem to be proliferating.

olive bleu

One Too Many
scotrace said:
i was stressed last night at bedtime due to some... err... stressy things. After I got my foot out of my mouth, I ate some peaches & cream. :(

what's so bad about Peaches and Cream?..you've got some fruit ..and some Dairy..2 very important food groups.;)

Travis

Suspended
I failed last night. I ended up running into some old friends right when I got off work and went and hung out with them. It lasted a lot longer than I was expecting. I've been eating dinner around 6 since I go to bed around 9, but last night I didn't even get home until 11. I was starving and to shut my tummy grumbles up, I ate dinner with the intention of watching a movie and than catching up on some writing and going to bed around 2:30 so I wouldn't just eat and fall asleep. Apparently I overestimated my ability to stay up late these days as I passed out sometime around midnight. I guess I'm going to start over. :eusa_doh:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner